Help setting up MusikCube?

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here has had any success setting up MusikCube. If you don't know what it is, it's similar to gmote, which allows you to stream music from a shared folder on a computer, but only if you're on the same wifi network as that computer. MusicCube let's you stream music from your computer over the internet via 3G. I thought it'd be as simple as putting my public IP into the application on the droid and setting up the server on my computer. That doesn't appear to work, I've heard that I have to open ports on my router, but I can't do that because I've got AT&T U-Verse and their proprietary modem/router doesn't allow port forwarding. So am I screwed, or is there another way? I'd love to have my entire music collection with me wherever I go.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps!

OP
HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
Really? REALLY? So I'm to assume that NO ONE here uses MusikCube? I don't believe that for a second. Is it SO hard to provide me with help, or at LEAST someone to tell me that they will TRY to help me look for help? Maybe a link? I've searched Google, I can't figure it out, what are forums for if I can't ask for help?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Chill out. This is a discussion forum -- not your personal tech support site. You may or may not get responses to your thread. That's just how it is with any discussion site.

OP
HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
I know that, but why does everyone else get help? In 24 hours this post got pushed to page 4, yet there were other posts made after mine that had multiple replies.

OP
HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
I apologize. I was working on a programming project in C# and something wasn't working properly, I was very short tempered. I'm sorry for my rudeness.