Help!!! Private Callers!!!

jkwakopo

Reaction score
Well, these idiots call me daily basis except weekends...but now they are starting call on weekends.. 7 am in the morning!!!! How can i block this??? driving me crazy

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
i honestly have no clue how to do this either, but i would like to know if there is some way...

Guchi

Reaction score
i think i set mine to send unknown callers to voice mail but i cant seem to figgure out where i found the setting

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they are marked as private I don't know that you can (from your phone). Next time you get a call note the time then (after you get out of bed) log into your account online and see if the number shows up on your call list. If it does you can block it (should be under safe-guards or account settings... I'm trying to find it but their site is down apparently).

kaboyd

Reaction score
i think i set mine to send unknown callers to voice mail but i cant seem to figgure out where i found the setting

You can do that under your account settings on Verizon's website. I think you can send ten numbers directly to VM, but I didn't know you could do it for unknown callers. I'll check that out.

OP
jkwakopo

jkwakopo

Reaction score

You can do that under your account settings on Verizon's website. I think you can send ten numbers directly to VM, but I didn't know you could do it for unknown callers. I'll check that out.

I heard you can only do this with known #s... i did find this app called afirewall... I'll let you guys know if this works... edit: btw... vzw website always down... won't even let me pay billz!!!

Spectral

Reaction score
if that does not work the full proof plan is to add verizons usage controls and you have the ability to block all blocked and unknown numbers.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if you use youmail (its a free app in the market that's visual voicemail and it rocks) you can assign a ditchmail (i.e. your phone has been disconnected) to private and unknown callers. you can also assign different greetings to all yur contacts. it's so fun lol

biteme

Reaction score
afirewall works great, you can also block spam texts with it. Since I've installed it I only get called by these bozos once, then there blocked. If you get an unknown caller add -1 calls to your block list and you won't get any unknown calls again (for some reason they have a number that is a -1 but show as a unknown call).

Spectral

Reaction score
if that does not work the full proof plan is to add verizons usage controls and you have the ability to block all blocked and unknown numbers.

how do i do this?

Log onto your MyVerizon account and it should be on the right side under Quick Links should say usage controls. You have to subscribe its $4.99 a month but its the full proof way to block all unknown/restricted calls.

ytwokc5

Reaction score

how do i do this?

Log onto your MyVerizon account and it should be on the right side under Quick Links should say usage controls. You have to subscribe its $4.99 a month but its the full proof way to block all unknown/restricted calls.

Usage controls are the only way I know of to block unknown/restricted calls on Verizon. $4.99 well spent.