Help me customize my desktop!!! Pleaasee!

Milindroid

Reaction score
I have recently installed Helix1 and Bettercut to help me start customizing my MotoDroid. Now I just need a few pointers toward the right direction.

I have been playing with some of the icon packs from the marketplace and I love them so far. Was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for Bettercut.

Also-this is a BIG issue for me-Is there any way to change the notification bar at the top of the screen and change the look of widgets???

:blackdroid: :heart:'s :motdroidhoriz:

Slider46

Reaction score
I have recently installed Helix1 and Bettercut to help me start customizing my MotoDroid. Now I just need a few pointers toward the right direction.

I have been playing with some of the icon packs from the marketplace and I love them so far. Was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for Bettercut.

Also-this is a BIG issue for me-Is there any way to change the notification bar at the top of the screen and change the look of widgets???

:blackdroid: :heart:'s :motdroidhoriz:

If you're not rooted, you're going to be limited to themes available for Home++ or Panda Home.

With root access you are able to load specific themes and/or ROMs that can change the notification icons.

jtydroid

Reaction score
Basically it gives you root user (superuser) permissions on your phone, allowing you to access and change files/folders you wouldn't normally be able to. This allows developers to enhance the functionality of the basic phone functions, remove nuisances and add cool effects. There's a lot they/you can do.

That said, the Droid Hacks forum has all the answers you could ever need and more.

REMilk

Reaction score
I recommend Helix as you can then organizer apps into meaningful folders with icons! Helix works well on a Droid that has not been rooted; I imagine it will also work well on a rooted Droid.

jtydroid

Reaction score
I recommend Helix as you can then organizer apps into meaningful folders with icons! Helix works well on a Droid that has not been rooted; I imagine it will also work well on a rooted Droid.

I run Helixlauncher, and I could be wrong, but I don't think that's enough by itself to do what you're suggesting.

I am also using Bettercut and AppOrganizer to achieve the above result.

If it can be done with Helix alone, though... Could you explain how?