Help and Application Recommendation Needed: Text Messaging

P

psycoperl

Hi all, I am new to the Android platform (with the Droid X) and need some assistance with issues I am having...

I can not find a way to lock particular text messages to protect them from being deleted when cleaning up my text messages. Is there a way to do this or do I need to use an other program?

If I do need to use another program (1) which program should I use? (2) How do I make it my primary text app?

Thanks

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Long press on the message you want to save and there should be a Lock option. I don't have the X but that's how it is on the original droid. If you want more options/customization the app of choice around here is handcent or chomp sms. Hope this helps :D

Ae0187

Reaction score
Long press on the message you want to save and there should be a Lock option. I don't have the X but that's how it is on the original droid. If you want more options/customization the app of choice around here is handcent or chomp sms. Hope this helps :D

Second handcent

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
When i long press to lock a text on my droid it locks it, but deletes it anyways when i delete threads. this is very annoying

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
When i long press to lock a text on my droid it locks it, but deletes it anyways when i delete threads. this is very annoying

Then perhaps you really didnt lock that message?

I just locked one in a long thread, then went to delete the thread.

The delete dialog states the entire thread will be deleted, BUT, under that there is a checkbox for delete locked messages.

Not selecting that and hitting delete removes all messages in that thread except the one I locked ....

OP
P

psycoperl

I am hoping that the Froyo Update will resolve this. I will look at the other program.

OP
P

psycoperl

Installed Handcent will play with it tomorrow.

OP
P

psycoperl

Looks to be a good app. Currently using it as my primary SMS app.