Hello, I'm NEW!

charlie999

Reaction score
I'm new to forums (fora?) and smart phones.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace which I am gradually learning to use.
I've installed a free app called Maverick which seems really good (I like to walk the countryside) - I've raised a ticket with the Maverick folks, asking for some guidance in using it.. I raised the ticket on 22nd April - should I expect a reply by now?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. I'm sure all developers handle thing differently. It's hard to say when you'll hear from them. But if you post your problem, maybe someone can help.

Tapped from a Nexus

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome, let us know the issue and we'll see what we can do.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome aboard!

Hopefully you are able to get your issue resolved with your app - feel free to post questions, maybe someone on the forum can you out as well ;)...

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
:welcome: welcome to Droid Forums!

OP
C

charlie999

Reaction score
Update from Charlie999

Hello and welcome aboard!

Hopefully you are able to get your issue resolved with your app - feel free to post questions, maybe someone on the forum can you out as well ;)...
---------------------------
I’m very impressed with the responses to my first forum entry, thank you all.

Basically, my “problem” is comprehension, as follows:

I don't fully understand all the functions that are available in Maverick and how they link together (or even, sometimes, how to find them). I have found various discussions/fora etc on Google but they are sometimes too technical and sometimes don't seem to actually tell me anything!
What I would really really like is an Idiot's Guide to Maverick, or a set of flowcharts (of the sort that I knew and loved back in the day, when Mainframe programs were written in Assembler or Cobol! – yes, I really am that old).

One particular problem happens while I'm tracking a walk using GPS and an OS Explorer Map. SOMETIMES I find that the track has stopped, sometimes it is still running. I don't know what I have done that is different to cause it to stop sometimes. This can happen when I want to take a photograph, go to the phone's homepage, use the camera then return to my track. Other times it seems to happen when the phone is sitting in my pocket with the screen locked.