1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by deebee, Apr 9, 2012.

1. deebee

deebee New Member

I am here to look for help with my Rezound. Just recently got the white screen of death. I'm guessing it happened over night during some kind of update. Ther was nothing but a white screen in the morning and would not do anything including charge the battery. There are no mods on this phone, totally stock. I think this phone is awesome other than the white screen lockout. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. RagtimeBenji

RagtimeBenji New Member

Hey bud, no worries

I had a similar issue with my handset. I found out of you leave the screen white until the battery dies, and then take the battery out, and then plug it in, the LED should illuminate a solid orange. if it doesn't or if the orange light flashes, just let it charge all the way. meaning, if after an hour it doesn't hold a charge, i guess you're gonna have to mail it in and get a warranty replacement. i wish you good luck. sorry about your loss man.
  3. deebee

deebee New Member

The orange charge light would only come on for about 10 seconds then go off. The battery that was in the phone was drained and was on charger all night till i pulled it off in morning. I did have another battery to try to get it to work. The people at Verizon even tried a different battery and the charge light still just shut off after a few seconds. I sure hope this is not commonplace for HTC phones because I really like this phone even though I'm not even using it to it's full potential.
  4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about the issue - did VZW replace the device?
  5. deebee

deebee New Member

Vzw tried for an hour to get it to boot up. Eventually ordered me a refurbished and gave me a loaner till my replacement arrives.
  6. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your phone. Hope the replacement works fine. DancingNexus
  7. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to DF!! Sorry you had issues but glad to see it looks like it is working out :biggrin:
  8. deebee

deebee New Member

received replacement phone today. tried battery pull, two button restart and still could not get old phone past white screen. tried to use reboot, recovery, and factory reset and still the white screen. I gave in and activated new one. I really like this phone and hope it doesn't happen again. It's got me nervous though. Thanks to everyone for support and tips.
  9. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Glad you got a replacement...good luck and definitely hope it doesn't happen again!