Hello DroidForums!

Cessna169

Reaction score
Hello DroidForums!

I'm Cessna169, and I absolutely love all of the Android phones that I've had (only 2...). My first Android phone was a used OG Droid that I got from a friend of mine which I rooted, ROM'ed, and overclocked. It gave me two years of faithful service before I decided to retire it and got a Motorola Droid Bionic, my current phone, which I also rooted and ROM'ed.

I am an IT Slave (did you turn it off and back on?) and I also do some software development and programming as a hobby. As you might be able to tell by my name, I enjoy flying. I'm currently working on getting my Private Pilots License, but progress is slow because the process is really expensive.

Anyway, I'm here to help out anybody who may need some help and to contribute to the community. I'm glad to be here!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Welcome aboard!

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
Cessna169

Cessna169

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes guys! I'm glad to be here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Welcome to DF! Glad you joined us! :welcome:

bocabean

Reaction score
Hello Cessna169

I stopped flying a good number of years ago, but I do have my private pilot license. Never did finish my instrument rating. My flight time consisted mostly of Cessna and Piper hours, although I also flew a Gruman Tiger which was pretty cool. If you are OK with rooting and roms, then you need to check out the Aviator Rom!

You can find it over at DroidRzr.com I am not sure it it will work with your device, but you can take a look. When it boots, you hear the sound of an engine starting up and the video is a fast climb from a runway, looking back down to the runway. It runs great on my phone. The developer of the ROM is also a pilot.

Enjoy the site and welcome!