Hello All!

TH3Dr3amstat3

Reaction score
:icon_ banana: Yay!! :icon_ banana:
After Months of waiting I have finally acquired a DROID 1. I paid $44 out the door for it from TARGET last week and with $7.99 a month Insurance If lost/stolen ?? It gets replaced with a DROID 2 or X for free :)))

Guess I went to buy it at the right time due to Verizon phasing out discontinued models before iPhone rollout next month I guess....

Thanks to all the Admins, Mods, and Users that make this forum what it is! :dancedroid:
A few Notable Tips I've Just learned:
For maximum battery life when purchasing / changing battery for DROID -> Make Sure to Drain battery till It cannot be used anymore For the First Time (click Ok instead of other option for Low Power Popup). Charge the Droid Completely WITHOUT USING IT AT ALL!!! Then Drain for a Second Time, Charge again without Using phone.... After doing this 3 times Battery Life should Be Great (Disable GPS)!!! Then Install JuiceDefender!!!

Proxoid Service Seems to Time Out when phone sleeps, I think I improoved performance with KeepScreen which Is Now Free.

There are way too many possible apps I may want to D/L but I keep Reminding myself only 256MB Internal Ram!!! (Apps2SD by Gregory House helped me free space)

A few Questions on my mind right now are:
I installed back to back -> Dolphin Hd and Opera Mobile, and right after I used to be able to press the Browser shortcut on Bottom Right part of HOME screen and a prompt would appear asking me which of the 3 installed browsers to launch, Which instead now it just launches the Default Browser even after manually setting Dolphin HD as the default browser from Dolphin's Settings. Q: Is It possible to get that prompt back or have I accidentally made the Stock Browser permanently Default?

Q: Since I'm Paying for the extra Insurance, should I try to ROOT?

Thanks,
AND B.T.W.
I'm Proxoidingfor my Internet Right NowSo If I take a while to Reply Please Forgive Me....

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum - glad you found us!! tons of great info in here, and lots of people willing to help and share ideas/info. just start browsing around, get involved in the threads, and have fun!

as for your questions, you can clear defaults on any app, just by going into: menu/settings/applications/manage applications/[select app]/clear defaults.

as for rooting, that's a personal choice. i'm rooted, as are many members on here - so there is lots of support. also, the general consensus is that we won't see a device as open and customizable as the D1 for a long time, if ever. if you're interested in pursuing it further, READ, READ, READ, and read some more. start here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

good luck, and look forward to seeing you around!

cambrosio

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

cambrosio

Reaction score
@huskerkate ;) gotta represent

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

OP
TH3Dr3amstat3

TH3Dr3amstat3

Reaction score
Thanks for the links I am prob going to ROOT for shure!!