hdmi cable for my new Samsung Charge droid

Houndlover

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum and would like to know if the hdmi cable for my Samung Charge will allow me to view movies I have downloaded from the Samsung Media Hub application to my tv? Or, will it just allow me to view movies that have been saved to my device via the memory card?

Thanks for any inforamtion you can supply me.

Houndlover

miroade3

Reaction score
From what i understand, because i just bought this phone as well on wednesday, that the hdmi cable will allow you to view your entire phone on the tv... so basically when you hook up the phone to the TV using the HDMI cable, what you see on your phone is what you are supposed to see on your tv.

Reep

Reaction score
I recently purchased my hdmi cable from amazon. It's full screen on my 55 inch tv. Any video or app is full screen except the home screens

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
Houndlover

Houndlover

Reaction score
Thank you both for repling to my question. I called a rep. at Samsung's Media hub(the application where you can rent or purchase movies and download them to the phone). The rep. said he thought the HDMI cable would not show the movies on my tv because of Licensing issues.
I guess I will have to by the cable and see if it will or will not work with their Media Hub application.:)

miroade3

Reaction score
ok, i went out and bought the hdmi cable... i spend part of the $25 credit on media hub and got forest gump. hooked everything up, tried to play forest gump on my tv... low and behold i get, "HDMI blocked during Protected Content Playback", luckly i have about 5 movies or so on my sdcard, they play perfect, and i was right, you see whats on your screen.

OP
Houndlover

Houndlover

Reaction score
viewing movies from Media Hub via HDMI cable to TV

Thank you for your feedback. So I take it that you are unable to view any movies (rented or purchased) from Media hub using the HDMI cable plugged into your TV. Did I understand you correctly?

Where did you get the 5 movies from and how did you get them onto your SD card? Aren't they copy right protected as well like the ones from Media Hub?

I guess trying to view rented movies from Media Hub using my phone and HDMI cable to my TV is out of the question right?

Thanks for helping me understand this process.:huh:

techsnif

Reaction score
using HDMI out port on Droid Charge to view internet streaming movie sites

I want to buy the Droid Charge to replace my home DSL internet. I also want to use this phone's internet connection (not the 4G hotspot connection) and HDMI port to display streaming movies on my big flat screen HDTV.
Spoke with a Verizon rep at a local store today, who explained that the 4G hotspot is $80/month for 10 GB. But this is only enough for me to stream 3 or 4 movies from my laptop to the HDTV per month.
I asked the question, is it possible to browse the internet on the phone, going to one of the streaming movie sites, and plug in the HDMI port to the HDTV and view the streaming movies on the big screen that way.
This way, since I would already be subscribing to unlimited internet, I would not be limited as to how many movies I could watch per month, and not subject to the 10GB limit(or at least not have to pay per GB).
The Verizon rep could not answer my question with certainty. She did, however, say that she thought the HDMI port only allowed the HDTV to access certain folders on the phone and therefore might have a problem streaming from one of the popular movie sites that way.
Again, I am speaking purely about internet usage, not 4G hotspot usage, and not using the Samsung apps.
Does anyone have the answer? If this is possible, I will drop my DSL and satellite TV today and get this deal done!