having serious radio issues!!! please help!

narrowpath

Reaction score
so i've flashing a couple different ROM's. ever since i flashed the eclipse 1.3 ROM my data and cell radio is completely off no matter what i do (at no fault to the ROM maker).

i've went back to completely stock and not unrooted but i still can't get my cell radio to turn on at all. brought it to verizon and they couldn't do anything either and told me to just get a replacement.

i'd rather see if i can fix it myself and have been searching for razr radios with no avail. looks like their are no CDMA radios for the droid razr?

what options do i have? is it possible to try and reuse the stock radio and if so where can i find it?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
so i've flashing a couple different ROM's. ever since i flashed the eclipse 1.3 ROM my data and cell radio is completely off no matter what i do (at no fault to the ROM maker).

i've went back to completely stock and not unrooted but i still can't get my cell radio to turn on at all. brought it to verizon and they couldn't do anything either and told me to just get a replacement.

i'd rather see if i can fix it myself and have been searching for razr radios with no avail. looks like their are no CDMA radios for the droid razr?

what options do i have? is it possible to try and reuse the stock radio and if so where can i find it?
Motorola has an app on Google Play named Restore Connectivity. Try that. If that doesn't work then I recommend you unroot and use Matt G's RazrUtilility (see the Hacks section next door on this forum for download link) to reinstall .181. It will restore all files, to include radio, back to stock with latest OTA applied.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
jpcalhoun said:
motorola has an app on google play named restore connectivity. Try that. If that doesn't work then i recommend you unroot and use matt g's razrutilility (see the hacks section next door on this forum for download link) to reinstall .181. It will restore all files, to include radio, back to stock with latest ota applied.

+1

droid razr maxxamized!!!

OP
N

narrowpath

Reaction score
thanks for the replies.

however i'm still having radio problems. i used the restore connectivity app and it didn't do anyhting.

i've done a full wipe and used the droid razr utility to "restore droid razr to 6.12.173". choice number 1. it restores it, then it reboots but when i get to the setup screen it still has the radio off and i can't go through the setup because the radio is off. i use touch the 4 corners to get pasted the setup and connect through wifi. still no radio though.

any suggestions?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
thanks for the replies.

however i'm still having radio problems. i used the restore connectivity app and it didn't do anyhting.

i've done a full wipe and used the droid razr utility to "restore droid razr to 6.12.173". choice number 1. it restores it, then it reboots but when i get to the setup screen it still has the radio off and i can't go through the setup because the radio is off. i use touch the 4 corners to get pasted the setup and connect through wifi. still no radio though.

any suggestions?
I'm sorry but I have no other recommendations. It appears that getting a replacement might be your best bet. The restore to .173 should have fixed any radio issue's you were having...but it didn't. I don't know what else to tell you except if Verizon is offering to exchange the phone I'd go ahead and do that at this point.

OP
N

narrowpath

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I have no other recommendations. It appears that getting a replacement might be your best bet. The restore to .173 should have fixed any radio issue's you were having...but it didn't. I don't know what else to tell you except if Verizon is offering to exchange the phone I'd go ahead and do that at this point.

thanks for your help anyway! called verizon and they are sending a replacement overnight

just for the future reference....would my rooting and flashing caused this issue? i want to make sure i don't kill my next phone!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
thanks for your help anyway! called verizon and they are sending a replacement overnight

just for the future reference....would my rooting and flashing caused this issue? i want to make sure i don't kill my next phone!
No, not just the act of rooting alone. It's what you do after you're rooted. Flashing ROMs that have been thoroughly tested and being used successfully by other users is usually not a problem. The "usually" infers that when ever you are changing the factory settings/software etc on your phone there is no guarantee that everything works right when you put it back to stock...or try to put it back to stock. "Shi_ " happens sometimes. The key to root is to understand what it is you're doing and how to recover. The key to flashing ROMs is to read-up on what other Razr owners are saying about it before you flash it...and always, always have a backup.