Have to pull out keyboard for phone to flip

kristinz84

Reaction score
When my keyboard is closed, my phone won't flip. I have to open my keyboard for the screen to flip. Is this normal?

HMJB

Reaction score
Yes its normal.. in normal homescreen it wont rotate unless you got an app open that can flip.

ShowTime

Reaction score
If you're speaking of it turning to landscape mode while on the homescreen, yes it is normal. It does not change with the stock home setup. A lot of the home replacements (I personally use and recommend Helix Launcher) make it rotate while on the homescreen though.

Reaction score
Let me go get Mrs. Garret for this. "Whaaaaaaaat!?!?" wow I totally just realized that the stock 2.1 home does that since I've been using helix or open home. This is retarded, why would Google disable landscape mode? Did 2.0.1 do this as well, I don't remember.

HMJB

Reaction score
Let me go get Mrs. Garret for this. "Whaaaaaaaat!?!?" wow I totally just realized that the stock 2.1 home does that since I've been using helix or open home. This is retarded, why would Google disable landscape mode? Did 2.0.1 do this as well, I don't remember.

Its not disabled, its how it always worked.

If you want your phone to flip all the time including on the homescreens, you can install a custom launcher or home replacements such as open home, helix and whatnot that allows it.

Personally I find that feature extremely annoying and prefer the stock setting (only flipping when using apps or sliding open the keyboard) because I dont want it flipping when I hold it slightly crooked ;)

ShowTime

Reaction score

Yep, neither 2.0 and 2.0.1 would go to landscape view while on the homescreens. Go figure...

Reaction score
Wow, lame. Oh well I've been using Helix so its not a big deal, just kinda biffed off that Google keeps taking away simple features like landscape mode and LED when the screen is on. Oh well.

Reaction score
Technically, yes they did. It was there in 2.0 and 2.0.1 for the stock homescreen, then the feature is gone in 2.1. My issue is they take things out of their updates that most people like, and use without asking if we would even want them gone. But whateves

JCo352

Reaction score
Technically, yes they did. It was there in 2.0 and 2.0.1 for the stock homescreen, then the feature is gone in 2.1. My issue is they take things out of their updates that most people like, and use without asking if we would even want them gone. But whateves

I think it was there in 2.0, but not 2.0.1, I disable it anyways, it's annoying too me. I've disabled that feature since my G1 days.

Reaction score
Huh? me and my 20 other friends never had this on 2.0.1. Only Helix allowed landscape rotation on homescreen. So if it wasn't there... it couldn't have been taken away. Strange that you had it and we didn't.:icon_eek: