has anyone else noticed a decrease in 4g speeds????

boynblu

Reaction score
When I first got my maxx back in March I had blistering 27 down and 14 up in the Charlotte NC area now I am getting maybe 7 down and 2 up and alot of lagging..... :- (

mbell75

Reaction score
Yep. The decrease in speed started about the same time as my 4G outages started weeks ago. I used to see like 10-12 down and 4-5 up, now I see 3-4 down and 2-3 up. I *****ed at Verizon and they gave me a $30 credit. Not going to keep my service with them if this keeps up.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Boy...I wish I had 7 down speed. LOL. I'm in a small town (with a college) and speeds generally don't hit 0.8 down. Granted, I'm on 3G but count your blessings. Also with more and more people switching to the 4G phones, speeds will drop. VZ only advertised 4G as having a full capacity of averaging 5-12 down.

RicKaysen

Reaction score
I thought it was moving from the New York area to the Fort Lauderdale area three weeks ago when I noticed slower speeds. Even though Speed Test still indicates 17 down, I'm not feeling it. Frequent data interuptions are annoying too.

OP
boynblu

boynblu

Reaction score
Glad to see its not just me.... and I have been experiencing the data drops and glitches as well yes its aggravating!!! I was so excited when I went 4g because of the speed now I am a little disappointed. Then to top it all off they want to take my unlimited plan away unless I buy full price....only have 3 smart phones....my wife and I are unlimited and when we added the daughters we got 4 gig for 2 gig price.... scarily enough daughter is halfway through her 4 gig and its halfway through June.....she is on Facebook and watches videos on YouTube no movies....and we already with the discount because of my employer are paying $180....don't see how this new plan will helps us at all especially when its time to add my son.....we might all be switching back to basic phones.....

mbell75

Reaction score
I went to the AT&T store to play with the Note and got 6 down and 3 up. Tried my Maxx and got 1.5 down and 2 up. Verizon used to trounce AT&T's LTE out here but something has gone very wrong the last few weeks. Verizon better fix it and fast or I am gone. I am not paying $160 a month for 4G signal that goes in and out all the time and such a sharp decrease in speeds, ridiculous.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I went to the AT&T store to play with the Note and got 6 down and 3 up. Tried my Maxx and got 1.5 down and 2 up. Verizon used to trounce AT&T's LTE out here but something has gone very wrong the last few weeks. Verizon better fix it and fast or I am gone. I am not paying $160 a month for 4G signal that goes in and out all the time and such a sharp decrease in speeds, ridiculous.

You should call and let em know that. You never know what may happen :)

If you leave a paper trail as to what's going on and they don't meet your satisfaction.. sometimes you can get the contract broken without the etf. I've seen it happen.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am getting the best speeds right now. My best was 33 down and 15 up! The slowest I've had has been around 15 down, in the last week. I am, however, still experiencing data drops at work.

jhuntin

Reaction score
must be something with the area. I live about 5 miles outside of Boston and I always get around 12-15 down and 6-10 up.