handcent

cerv96xp

Reaction score
anyone using handcent app having problems getting doubble an tripple messages.. i did turn off the stock notification in settings...

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
anyone using handcent app having problems getting doubble an tripple messages.. i did turn off the stock notification in settings...

Yep. I have the stock app retrieval turned off as well. Started doing that today, yesterday was fine.

Might have to wait for an update for Handcent to fix a compatibility issue with the DX2.

Elkay

Reaction score
Yep, same problem. Sometimes I get 5+. Interesting thing is, going back into the stock Text Messaging app, the dupes show there, too. Anyone running only stock seeing this? I'm wondering if it's actually Verizon's system having a problem with this phone and not Handcent being the culprit.

OP
cerv96xp

cerv96xp

Reaction score
seems to be a problem with just the handcent app.. hope they fix it soon,the stocker sucks !!!!

Elkay

Reaction score
I haven't gotten any dupes today yet, and I've had plenty of messages. I think I got an update for Handcent last night? I forget lol.

Elkay

Reaction score
There was an update last night or this morning for Handcent and now I'm getting the double/triple message problem again.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I am only getting them from certain peeps so I'm guessing the issue its a joint thing our I'm their end with multi sends?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I have been getting duplicates from all contacts so far. Though not every message gets duplicated.

anmol.roes

Reaction score
I just got the Droid phone from Motorola and the phone came with that app

Elkay

Reaction score
It's still happening as of now. I just got a message and it repeated 4 times.

zachjen

Reaction score
Happening randomly from random phones and carriers. Droid 2