Handcent Text help

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok i want free text messages or i download handcent. When i call #data they send me a text say. Messages sent 1: messages read: 1. Then they say other txt send: 15, others read: 19. So do other texts count as one or are they free ones? please help. Droid eris
Im going to try to decipher this, I hope I answer your question. Handcent is a free messaging APP, it is not free messaging. The only way to get free messaging is with Google voice, and you are going to need an invite to use that.

Rugerdog

Reaction score
If you want a FREE texting service there are apps avalable. Try WhatsApp...

WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform mobile messaging app which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. WhatsApp Messenger is available for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia and yes, those phones can all message each other! Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends.

In addition to basic messaging iPhone, Android and BlackBerry WhatsApp Messenger users can send each other unlimited images, video and audio media messages.

Last edited: