Handcent sms button!!!!

xxacexx2

Reaction score
Does anyone else hate the small new message button in the top left corner of the handcent app? I have emailed the developer but he thinks people like it because he has not heard enough requests. Is it not extremely irritating using the small button? On the right side there is a settings button, why? You can get to setting from hitting menu. I think he should make the button larger..perhaps a flat bar across the top or bottom would be great!
The native messaging app has a large "new message" button and is easy to use(but the overall app is not as good as handcent).
If you agree, please send an email to the developer about your thoughts on this!! He will change it if he hears from enough people!

Reaction score
I'm indifferent about it, and the settings button is nice so you don't have to click twice to get to settings, but maybe a compromise and make both bigger? Surely it wouldn't be a big deal to scroll a little more when there are a lot of messages in your inbox. Idk, maybe he will do something about it.

jpdroid

Reaction score
Both the New Message and Settings buttons are fine with me. The sizing of the buttons is not a problem, and it is very convenient to have a Settings button available on the main screen instead of having to go through the menu. If it ain't broke, no need to fix it, and there is no need to change the design over something so trivial.

cwzwack

Reaction score
Small button? It's larger than the physical keyboard keys and onscreen keyboard keys in portrait and about the same size as the onscreen keyboard keys in landscape.

OP
xxacexx2

xxacexx2

Reaction score
alright alright

LOL i give up
soo the consensus is that this is not an issue at all.
I honestly thought this was an annoyance to many people because from what I understand everyone like the easy and large "new message" button on the native app. Figured it would be more convenient. Anyway, thanks for the responses guys!

sarreq

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to shut them off, myself, it should have been an option, not forced on everyone. but otherwise, they don't necessarily get it the way any.