Handcent problems on the Revolution

Big Cam

Reaction score
I have handcent insatlled on my Revolution, I wasn't able to send MMS, but I could recieve them. I went to the Verizon store and supposedly somethine was wrong with my account so they re-set it and th guy sent 2 picture messages to his phoe from mine, and all was fine.

The next day I tryed sending an MMS to 2 friends as tests, one never got it, adn the other got it 9 minutes after I set it, both on Verizon.

Is anyone else having problems with handcent on the Revolution? I removed the app and sent an MMS and they got it within a minute.

EDIT: So I uninstalled handcent and now using the stock messaging app, my MMS's go through within a minute but regular texts take 4-5 minutes to be delivered.

Last edited:

orthocoder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi cam,
I have a different problem. I get duplicate texts. One has a callback number and the other Doesn't. It's. Driving me crazy.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

mursepaolo

Reaction score
go into your handcent settings and see if your SMS+MMS is being handled by android or handcent. people will usually have this problem if they allow handcent to be the primary handler of SMS and MMS.

as for the double text thing, i don't think it's your issue. whoever is sending you double texts has their messages set to be sent to include a callback number.

smalltank

Reaction score
Takes about 5 minutes for me to send a 720YouTube video via mms..always to use Verizon network..never had issues