Handcent not pulling from my Facebook contacts?

JCMaximus

Reaction score
Yesterday, i upgraded to my HTC vivid, which i am loving, and started trying to play around with my notification tones. Long story short, I found handcent, which I completely adore, aside from one annoying issue. It will not pull my facebook contacts. A few of my friends don't put their numbers on there, so they and my family are showing up as a normal contact info. however, even those with facebooks are not showing up as they should (with full info), and therefore i assume it's not pulling the info from that contact sheet. I have the "show social networkign contacts" checked, but that's still not working. Any help?

titaniac

Reaction score
Yesterday, i upgraded to my HTC vivid, which i am loving, and started trying to play around with my notification tones. Long story short, I found handcent, which I completely adore, aside from one annoying issue. It will not pull my facebook contacts. A few of my friends don't put their numbers on there, so they and my family are showing up as a normal contact info. however, even those with facebooks are not showing up as they should (with full info), and therefore i assume it's not pulling the info from that contact sheet. I have the "show social networkign contacts" checked, but that's still not working. Any help?

I'm having the same issue. I upgraded from a DX to the GSIII. The stock messaging app sees "John Smith", but John doesn't show up when I compose a message with Handcent. When I go to my contacts John is listed, and when I click on the envelope to send him a text, I chose "Use Handcent as default", instead of showing up as "John Smith", it shows up as his phone number as it is listed on FB, i.e. +15551234567.

Bottom line: You're not alone, and I can't find a way to solve this issue.:angry:

TOMMYBLUEZ

Reaction score
Also having the same issue. It's frustrating because now that I'm so used to Handcent I hate the stock app - there's so many little things it doesn't have. That and the stock app on the GS3 turns the display on every time a message comes in - I can't find a way to disable it and I know that won't help battery.