Group Text-getting "download"

roboken

Reaction score
Whenever I get a group text on my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon, all I get is a box saying "Download". When I hit it it changes to "Downloading".

Nothing ever downloads, in fact it says "downloading" for about 5 minutes then just stops. I can not read the message or reply. I also can not send a group message, when I try I get a message "No network connection Mobile Data is disabled. This message will be sent when mobile data is enabled". i am connected to Wi-fi and can go to the web, download apps,play games,check email.

Any ideas?

The phone has been updated. I tried the basic tech support answer - Turn it off and turn it on again. Still doesn't work.

Thanks for any help you can give!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What app are you using?

You may have to clear the cache of your app to try and get it working again. If that doesn't work I'd try clearing the data of the app. And if you want to save all your text messages I use an app called SMS Backup and Restore.

I do recall having some difficulties in the past, though it may have just been the app, when it came to downloading MMS on wifi. When you're connected to wifi is your mobile data still on or do you turn that off when using wifi? MMS needs to be sent through as Verizon data to work, at least from what I understand. Never heard of it just working on wifi.

Last edited:
OP
R

roboken

Reaction score
I am using the text message app that comes installed on the phone. Worked fine for almost a year