Greetings, Fellow Droidiacs

Sheepdog

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for four days now, and so far, I'm delighted with it. I use Macs, and had been a victim of AT&T/Cingular for too long to be willing to go back there just to have an iPhone. I couldn't be happier with the Droid phone, and with the Verizon network. I hope to learn a lot from this forum!

intense

Reaction score
Hi Sheepdog, welcome to the forums. (I'm new myself)

Since you use Macs and have a droid, I'm curious, are there any connectivity issues between the droid and mac? I'm using an iPhone because the integration between a mac and iPhone is great. But like you I'm not happy with AT&T.

phone

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. :) Hope you enjoy your Droid as much as I do. :)

OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Reaction score
Mac Connectivity

I'm curious, are there any connectivity issues between the droid and mac?

I haven't had any problems. Using the USB cable, I can mount the µSD card as a volume and drag/drop files into it. I used Doubletwist to transfer music, video and pics, and it worked fine. I can also send one file at a time usings Bluetooth; I haven't tried sending multiple files that way yet. Since contacts and calendars are synced through Google, I got the upgrade to Snow Leopard, which can synced the address book with Google contacts. No issues so far!

intense

Reaction score

I haven't had any problems. Using the USB cable, I can mount the µSD card as a volume and drag/drop files into it. I used Doubletwist to transfer music, video and pics, and it worked fine. I can also send one file at a time usings Bluetooth; I haven't tried sending multiple files that way yet. Since contacts and calendars are synced through Google, I got the upgrade to Snow Leopard, which can synced the address book with Google contacts. No issues so far!

Thanks, this helps a lot. Definitely helped my decision and eliminated some of my concerns. I'm also running Snow Leopard and currently using Google to sync my contacts/e-mail with my iPhone.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and thanks for the information with the mac. It seems to be a popular question around here!

Android2

Reaction score
I wish I'd seen this before I typed in my 70 something contacts manually through gmail, last night

OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Reaction score
That must have been tedious. I had over 300 contacts, so typing them in wasn't an option. I think Google can import contacts, though I'm not exactly sure what format it needs.

r-dubya

Reaction score

I too am new to the forum, but not to Droid, or Mac. As for Bluetooth transfer with multiple files, it works like a charm on my MBP. Hope you have learned as much as I have from this site.

- Happy Droiding