1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Greetings, Fellow Droidiacs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Sheepdog, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Sheepdog

Sheepdog New Member

I've had my Droid for four days now, and so far, I'm delighted with it. I use Macs, and had been a victim of AT&T/Cingular for too long to be willing to go back there just to have an iPhone. I couldn't be happier with the Droid phone, and with the Verizon network. I hope to learn a lot from this forum!
  2. intense

intense New Member

Hi Sheepdog, welcome to the forums. (I'm new myself)

Since you use Macs and have a droid, I'm curious, are there any connectivity issues between the droid and mac? I'm using an iPhone because the integration between a mac and iPhone is great. But like you I'm not happy with AT&T.
  3. phone

phone New Member

Welcome to the forum. :) Hope you enjoy your Droid as much as I do. :)
  4. Sheepdog

Sheepdog New Member

Mac Connectivity

I haven't had any problems. Using the USB cable, I can mount the µSD card as a volume and drag/drop files into it. I used Doubletwist to transfer music, video and pics, and it worked fine. I can also send one file at a time usings Bluetooth; I haven't tried sending multiple files that way yet. Since contacts and calendars are synced through Google, I got the upgrade to Snow Leopard, which can synced the address book with Google contacts. No issues so far!
  5. cap10mark

cap10mark New Member

Welcome, and you will learn a ton! Great knowledge here!:droideris:
  6. intense

intense New Member

Thanks, this helps a lot. Definitely helped my decision and eliminated some of my concerns. I'm also running Snow Leopard and currently using Google to sync my contacts/e-mail with my iPhone.
  7. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the site and thanks for the information with the mac. It seems to be a popular question around here!
  8. Android2

Android2 New Member

I wish I'd seen this before I typed in my 70 something contacts manually through gmail, last night
  9. Sheepdog

Sheepdog New Member

That must have been tedious. I had over 300 contacts, so typing them in wasn't an option. I think Google can import contacts, though I'm not exactly sure what format it needs.
  10. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

There's a thread in General Discussion for former IPhone owners.
  11. r-dubya

r-dubya New Member

I too am new to the forum, but not to Droid, or Mac. As for Bluetooth transfer with multiple files, it works like a charm on my MBP. Hope you have learned as much as I have from this site.

- Happy Droiding