GPS Tracker

D

droidavie

Can my droid act as a gps tracker in a foreign country...let's say somewhere in Latin America? And will I incur charges? Data or something else....

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the right app, yes. You won't incur charges unless you're in an area where you can roam and you're using a tracking app that requires data. Just look for a stand-alone tracking solution.

tommyz

Reaction score
Can my droid act as a gps tracker in a foreign country...let's say somewhere in Latin America? And will I incur charges? Data or something else....

I'm not sure if the GPS will work without a cell connection. I put my phone in airplane mode and it will not aquire a GPS location. The problem is that the GPS is an aGPS type system.

droidummie

Reaction score
Other than "find my Droid." what's another app that can gps my phone when I misplace it or when it gets stolen?
Please let me know your suggestions.

Thank you!

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
AVG Antivirus has a free app that will let you find your phone and lock it if your can't. Little heavy on memory use but I like it.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've used SeekDroid for 2 years now. Granted I've never really had to use it, just played around with it, but I know it's 100% reliable if needed. $2.99 for the full app, has a website to link to and everything. Liked it more than Find My Droid when I tried it.

droidummie

Reaction score
Thank you! I will definitely check out both suggestions.
^_^

lavender

Reaction score
Yes, you can. Its easy if you have install a spyware program on target phone.

I google search and find "HelloSPY" app. It's FREE GPS tracking forever and have many features. Such as: Read SMS, Call History, Track iMessages and WhatsApp message, Spy Call and more.

You can download FREE and use trial 48h FULL features at " HELLO SPY . COM ". hope this help!

chrisnuo

Reaction score
yes you can, it will also not incur any charge as GPS data is free, but one thing is that GPS will consume a lot of battery, so you got to prepare more batteries.