GPS not working tonight

hemidroid

Reaction score
Anybody else have this problem? I'm located in Florida, went out to walk the dog and decided to do a My Tracks. GPS could not find my location but it did show me flying over the Gulf of Mexico as if I were on a Satellite, Just cruised across the USA in minutes :icon_eek:
After finding that entertaining for a second I went on to check the other GPS apps, Weather, Navigation, and GPS Status could not locate me. One thing I noticed was on the GPS Status App the little green satellite dots were not green, they were grey. Is it isolated to just me? Any Ideas??? Yes the GPS Icon was ON

area52

Reaction score
I had a similar issue yesterday. Though I thought it had to do with my rom cause my idea uprooted Droid worked just fine. I deleted maps from my system/apps folder and installed from the market and it worked again. I don't know I'd that helps your issue

OP
H

hemidroid

Reaction score
I had a similar issue yesterday. Though I thought it had to do with my rom cause my idea uprooted Droid worked just fine. I deleted maps from my system/apps folder and installed from the market and it worked again. I don't know I'd that helps your issue
That did it! Thank You!
Went to manage apps, clicked on Maps, clicked on uninstall updates. Everything is fine now. Nice work.

OP
H

hemidroid

Reaction score
Just a quick follow up for anyone else running into this. What happened was downloaded a new Map update today causing the issues stated above. Solution was to delete Maps from apps, install new maps from the market like Area52 stated. Also there is a new look for Navigation maps, irrelevent background is a darker grey color. I like it.

harv2000

Reaction score
Had a parade of issues that I'll list as a caution. My Nuvi 760 bricked this morning so I ended up switching to the Droid. First, the sun is too hot under the windshield. I thought based on behavior that I had toasted the battery. Then, the Nav tried to get me to turn into a non existent road 1/2 mile past the Orlando Costco. Then, to find my hotel, it wanted me to turn into the hotel in an empty lot 1/2 mile before the hotel.

Allround, just not very reliable. If it had been night or foul weather, I'd have been lost.