GPS (Assisted)

ATeamTim

Reaction score
I know the Eris does not have stand alone GPS like the Motorola Droid, My question is: "Have any of you Eris users came across a good app for GPS with turn by turn directions"? I would pay for the app if it works properly. Any feedback is appreciated.

Jolest

Reaction score
I know the Eris does not have stand alone GPS like the Motorola Droid, My question is: "Have any of you Eris users came across a good app for GPS with turn by turn directions"? I would pay for the app if it works properly. Any feedback is appreciated.
What you "know" is wrong. The Eris GPS is the same as what the Motorola Droid has. :)

Sorry. I haven't been checking out the available turn-by-turn apps.

OP
ATeamTim

ATeamTim

Reaction score
What you "know" is wrong. The Eris GPS is the same as what the Motorola Droid has. :)

Sorry. I haven't been checking out the available turn-by-turn apps.

Actually it is not the same. The Motorola Droid has verbal turn by turn directions. The Eris has Google Map navigation. If anyone has actually found a good turn by turn gps app. Please let me know.

mhotovec

Reaction score
I think you two are disagreeing over a terminology misunderstanding. :)
Both the Eris and the Droid have built in GPS - that is, they can pick up signals from the satellites. However what they can DO with that signal differs. Currently only the Droid has built in turn by turn navigation, though in theory the Eris will soon get an update which will add this functionality (December or January, depending upon which thread you read).

As for a good turn by turn app for the Eris, I'm using Nav4All with no problems.