got root...now what?

dillonorden

Reaction score
I just rooted my vzw note 2 and idk what to do. I know root with Motorola products but what is Samsung version of usd lite to flash back to stock and is there a recovery mode foe samsung that will let me install multiple roms at once

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't think this has anything to do with the manufacturer.

For flashing ROMs you need an unlocked bootloader and either TWRP or CWM.

OP
dillonorden

dillonorden

Reaction score
I do apologies for posting this in the wrong section im still learning how to use the droidforum app. Is there a recovery like hashcodes recovery for motorola? How do you unlock the bootloader? Is there an app to do it

OP
dillonorden

dillonorden

Reaction score
Thank you so much. What files and software do I need to flash in recovery mode in case I "soft brick" my device

pool_shark

Reaction score
You need a recover such as twrp or cwm.

When flashing a ROM follow the instructions in the ROM thread.

Tonik

Reaction score
Thank you so much. What files and software do I need to flash in recovery mode in case I "soft brick" my device

If you use the method linked above when you are done you will have twrp as your recovery. And your current stock rooted version will be your boot rom. If that bricks on you....you put a Rom on ext sd and flash that via recovery.

There is also a method to get back to stock. Another thread over there.

OP
dillonorden

dillonorden

Reaction score
Thanks for the information but I would really prefer if I could find something like USD lite for my note 2 so if I brick my device I could always flash it with the original .img and reroot it or have a recovery like hashcodes recovery for the Motorola series

pool_shark

Reaction score
Thanks for the information but I would really prefer if I could find something like USD lite for my note 2 so if I brick my device I could always flash it with the original .img and reroot it or have a recovery like hashcodes recovery for the Motorola series

Maybe things are different now, but when I had the Motorola Droid X I used CWM.

OP
dillonorden

dillonorden

Reaction score
Yea I dont know when but sometime after the og droid motorola locked the bootloader and a dev from xda made a bootstrap for the devices then hashcode created his own recovery when the droid bionic came out called safestrap

pool_shark

Reaction score
I used the Droid 2 and Droid X bootstrap made by CWM that allowed me to install CWM.

I was a bit disappointed that unlocking the Note 2 wasn't as simple, but it wasn't difficult either.