Got a BIG problem :( my phone is force closing

Reaction score
I cannot make a call. its nuts! the phone portion FC and doesnt let me dial out :(

Did a battery pull, did a phone restart :( nothing works :(

What can I do? The only thing I loaded in the last few days was USA Today havent done anything.

thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the battery being at 20%. Something changed recently. I listened to a little streaming music tonight and the battery went from 50% - 20% in 20 minutes. And then my phone dialer Forced closed.

I dont know what happened but now my droid has issues and it stinks that it does. :(

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
drag the app into the trash..then put it back on the homescreen

Reaction score
I had this problem this morning and it seems to be fixed by removing "active task killer".

Sam

OP
S
Reaction score
drag the app into the trash..then put it back on the homescreen

the phone app icon you mean?

thanks!

I had this problem this morning and it seems to be fixed by removing "active task killer".

Sam

you mean remove ATK from the droid itself?

If so i have been using it for 5 weeks no problem :( was there an update today? i might have updated that though ?

thanks

Reaction score

Sam

If so i have been using it for 5 weeks no problem :( was there an update today? i might have updated that though ?

thanks[/QUOTE]

I have also been using it ever since I got my phone. My issue started after I powered up my Droid this morning. after about 1 minute, EVERYTHING would lock up and I'd have to power the phone down manually. It only got better when I removed ATK. From what I've read on here, a task killer is totally unnecessary on a droid.

This also happened to my droid from having antivirus software installed, which is also unnecessary.

Sam

OP
S
Reaction score

Sam

thanks

I have also been using it ever since I got my phone. My issue started after I powered up my Droid this morning. after about 1 minute, EVERYTHING would lock up and I'd have to power the phone down manually. It only got better when I removed ATK. From what I've read on here, a task killer is totally unnecessary on a droid.

This also happened to my droid from having antivirus software installed, which is also unnecessary.

Sam[/QUOTE]

got it. i will take it off and see what happens for a while.
The only thing I would not like it sometimes I dont know how to kill streaming or music apps they dont stop playing i use atk to kill

thanks!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
go into menu/applications/manage applications/menu/filter/running/ choose app/hit force stop

The ATK's are the worst. Use the native one I just showed you above to kill apps.

OP
S
Reaction score
THANKS so I dont need ATK at all then is what you are saying?

thanks!!

JayMonster

Reaction score
Active Task Killer should just be called Active Phone Killer. There is nothing wrong with the app in the technical sense, but aggressive use of it causes all sort of problems with the SQLite Database that is at the core of so many functions of the phone... and worst of all is really not necessary at all.

MrGathers

Reaction score
HI I'm having the same problem with my phone and nothing is fixing it and I uninstalled every app I had