Google Voice

Standalone010

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry if this has been brought up, but I couldn't seem to find a thread about it anywhere. Basically, I'm trying to download Google Voice from the Market, but just as it starts to install it, I get the message saying that the installation is unsuccessful. Now I'm running Liberty 1.5 and using the Cyan Galaxy theme. I've tried downloading a series of other apps, and they all installed just fine. Just wondering if anyone can offer any insight on this?

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry if this has been brought up, but I couldn't seem to find a thread about it anywhere. Basically, I'm trying to download Google Voice from the Market, but just as it starts to install it, I get the message saying that the installation is unsuccessful. Now I'm running Liberty 1.5 and using the Cyan Galaxy theme. I've tried downloading a series of other apps, and they all installed just fine. Just wondering if anyone can offer any insight on this?

Hum.. not really sure why you can't download G voice.. You are aware it comes preinstalled with Liberty though?

If you want to install the one from the market try removing the one that comes preinstalled first

timp

Reaction score
I'm having this issue as well. I want to downgrade my GV to 0.3.4, but I can't seem to uninstall the one that comes with Liberty 1.5. It's not listed in the Liberty Toolbox app manager, and the Uninstall option for it is grayed out in Manage Applications. This is driving me nuts...it's such a little thing but totally a deal-breaker; I need the old version in order to keep it from using direct access numbers when dialing out.

LocoRon

Reaction score
timp, have you selected to view all applications in Liberty Toolbox? (something like pressing the menu button while viewing the application list, then selecting view all... I don't remember the exact option, sorry)

timp

Reaction score
Simply couldn't find it listed in Liberty Toolbox, but stetsonaw helped me out on the ROM thread. I just opened a shell and typed
sysrw
rm -r system/app/GoogleVoice.apk
then rebooted and was GV free.

jovapa

Reaction score
yeah, that's it. Liberty Toolbox > App Management > Remove Apps > Menu button > Show All Apps

mine dont show up alphabetically, so I usually just look for the icon.

timp, have you selected to view all applications in Liberty Toolbox? (something like pressing the menu button while viewing the application list, then selecting view all... I don't remember the exact option, sorry)

timp

Reaction score
I see it now...obviously I'm a noob and didn't think to try the menu button...anyway thanks for explaining it.

Viktorr

Reaction score
Go to Liberty Settings -> App Management -> Install Add-Ons -> Keyboard [blur]. Install it, I think that'll fix your problem. I couldn't get GV to work either, tried redownloading it and always said installation failed. Had to do that to get it to install.