Google voice vs. Verizon on a contact-by-contact basis

JoeFresco

Reaction score
I've discovered that my Verizon and Sprint AnyMobile friends cannot take advantage of Mobile 2 Mobile minutes when using my Google Voice #. So I want a way to set certain contacts to use Verizon and for all others to use Google Voice.

Is this possible, via setting or app? I haven't found anything yet, other than selecting it on a call-by-call basis (painful)

OP
J

JoeFresco

Reaction score
Well, I have GV numbers on my Friends and family so it doesn't use my minutes incoming or outgoing (2 separate numbers). Also, while most of the time the caller ID comes through from GV (and those are considered M2M minutes), sometimes incoming calls show my GV number. I'm not sure why some calls show the GV # and some don't.

The advantages to using GV are
-- 1 permanent phone number, regardless of your actual numbers or number of phones
-- full control of when phones ring based on time and callers
-- voicemail transcription
-- unlimited text messaging
-- basically unlimited calling with Friends and Family numbers

For me, I don't lose any of the advantages when using GV, but I want my friends to be able to take advantage of M2M even though I'm using GV

Last edited:

brianr0131

Reaction score
Well, I have GV numbers on my Friends and family so it doesn't use my minutes incoming or outgoing (2 separate numbers). Also, while most of the time the caller ID comes through from GV (and those are considered M2M minutes), sometimes incoming calls show my GV number. I'm not sure why some calls show the GV # and some don't.

The advantages to using GV are
-- 1 permanent phone number, regardless of your actual numbers or number of phones
-- full control of when phones ring based on time and callers
-- voicemail transcription
-- unlimited text messaging
-- basically unlimited calling with Friends and Family numbers

For me, I don't lose any of the advantages when using GV, but I want my friends to be able to take advantage of M2M even though I'm using GV

Thanks for the explanation.