Google Voice Update Help!!!

xxacexx2

Reaction score
So as most of you know the last GV update causes the app to use random access numbers everytime you call.

So now I can no longer add the number to my friends and family.

I have heard there are ways to get around this, for example, there is an app called "google voice dialer"

Are there any other alternatives to not using my minutes??

Please post them!!

mottling

Reaction score
So as most of you know the last GV update causes the app to use random access numbers everytime you call.

I have heard there are ways to get around this, for example, there is an app called "google voice dialer"

Please post them!!
You have 3 options that I'm aware of:

1) Completely remove the app and go back to the previous version, found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6035817/com.google.android.apps.googlevoice-1.apk

2) Download this app: GVMyNumber.apk - gvmynumber - GVMyNumber - Project Hosting on Google Code
Note: You have to have no unread voicemails for the above fix to work

3) If you call your Google Voice number, press 2, dial the number of the person you want to call, press #, it will connect you.

OP
xxacexx2

xxacexx2

Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks
I have heard of 2 other options
Something about sipdroid?? anyone know about that?
and also there is a free app called "google voice call free" tested it out and works great
any others?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I use GV for two reasons. I use the Visual Voicemail because its free and I give that number out to non-friends and family because I can easily block unwanted numbers if it gets into the wrong hands.

les017

Reaction score

Please post them!!
You have 3 options that I'm aware of:

1) Completely remove the app and go back to the previous version, found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6035817/com.google.android.apps.googlevoice-1.apk

2) Download this app: GVMyNumber.apk - gvmynumber - GVMyNumber - Project Hosting on Google Code
Note: You have to have no unread voicemails for the above fix to work

3) If you call your Google Voice number, press 2, dial the number of the person you want to call, press #, it will connect you.

#3 can be automated using Flex Dialer from the Market. Works quite well. I bought the Pro version, which allows for multiple profiles to us different calling methods for different contacts.

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, this was the motivation I needed to test out hooking up Linphone to the SipGate account I set up :)