Google Voice Question?

J-Buck

Reaction score
Hi,

I am about to set up google voice and it says i can either set up existing number or get a google number... Can i do both or just 1?

Thanks in advance

OP
J-Buck

J-Buck

Reaction score
Sorry...
My answer was in the email they sent me...

Also, i don't kno which one to pick... Can i have some advice

At this time it is not possible to switch between account types, so make your choice wisely! To learn more about these options before registering, visit: Google Voice

Inundated

Reaction score
What do you want to do with GV?

If it were me, I'd get the number no matter what. It's free, even if you don't use it.

Without the number, or even with one, you can still set up your VZW phone number to auto-transfer to GV voicemail. You'll get the GV VM system, and text transcriptions of VM left even by people who call your regular VZW number.

Should you wish to migrate to/use a new number, you can do so whenever you want, and still get the VM forwarding on the VZW number. Best of both worlds.

schleppy

Reaction score
I would get a new number. At this point getting a number through Google lets use all of the (awesome) Google Voice features.

Picking a new number also gives you time to see if you like GV, and if you do (which I'm sure you will), you can start to hand your new number out to people.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Get the number... and you can also use your own number for VM. You could then also use the GV number for other great stuff.
Don't get the number and you can only do VM. As of now, if you don't get the number, you're SOL if you do want the number.

OP
J-Buck

J-Buck

Reaction score
I got the number. Thanks everyone!

detailwax

Reaction score
I need an Google voice invite

If anyone has an extra gv invite I would love to have it. i'm on the long wait list . thanks