Google Voice issues

ilikefishes

Reaction score
I am rooted and have been trying to switch over to the new ROM's with little luck. I finally have the phone back to working on the BB 1.1 and a chevy kernel 1.2 I believe. The problem is I now don't get the phone to ring at all, Google voice automatically picks up my phone and sends to voice mail. Did I do something or is there a setting that I have clicked that I don't realize? I even un-installed Google voice from my phone and it is still picking up the calls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
wow that sucks!! here's a :bump: for you. hope you get some help!!

anakinjay

Reaction score
I am rooted and have been trying to switch over to the new ROM's with little luck. I finally have the phone back to working on the BB 1.1 and a chevy kernel 1.2 I believe. The problem is I now don't get the phone to ring at all, Google voice automatically picks up my phone and sends to voice mail. Did I do something or is there a setting that I have clicked that I don't realize? I even un-installed Google voice from my phone and it is still picking up the calls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Just throwing this out here... are you sure it's google voice that's sending you straight to voicemail? Both of my phones are doing the same thing, one has google voice but the other doesn't.

OP
ilikefishes

ilikefishes

Reaction score
I am not sure. The problem is I can't even figure out how to switch the voicemail message on Google Voice. If I could just figure that out, I would be happy and continue to use the program. Does anyone have any experience with Google Voice?

willmiller82

Reaction score
after loading cyanogenmod i kept getting errors with google voice as well. It was saying my carrier wouldnt allow google voice to handle my voice mail services. Well I ignored their warnings and just continued to load and then i double checked all my voicemail setting in the settings menu and they all were still set to google voice specs and I ran a few test voicemails and it started to work. Im pretty sure if you log into your google account from a computer you can change all your google voice setting from there. It seems google voice gets pretty buggy when you start loading roms. probably why it still only a beta.

BostonBill

Reaction score
I am not sure. The problem is I can't even figure out how to switch the voicemail message on Google Voice. If I could just figure that out, I would be happy and continue to use the program. Does anyone have any experience with Google Voice?

If you go online into Google Voice, then Voice SM'S settings, you can record a new voicemail greeting.

I think there is a setting to have everything go directly to voicemail but I can't find it either.
Sorry.

BostonBill

Reaction score
Here it is. On line under calls, it looks like you have do not disturb enabled. Apparently that is the one that sends everything to Voicemail.

Voicemail: Sending all calls to voicemail
If you'd like to send all calls made to your Google number directly to voicemail, you can enable Do Not Disturb from a phone or through the Google Voice website. Then, all calls will be sent to voicemail until you disable the setting. Please note that any SMS sent to your Google number while Do Not Disturb is enabled, will also not be forwarded to the phones you've set up to receive SMS and have marked as 'Mobile'.