Google Navigation vs Tom Tom

SpencerC

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been using a Tom Tom for several years now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. One complaint I have with it is that it was always reminding me to do something. For example, I am on the freeway and my next exit isnt for a long time, say 20 miles, but every interchange it keeps reminding me to keep left.

The google navigation on the droid doesnt do this and I am very happy with that! But, the voice is this robotic voice that is annoying. The reason for this post is to ask, is there a way to chance the voice like on a Tom Tom, or an app that will do what I am looking for?

wil318466

Reaction score
You can change the voice to the British accent. I loved it.. then after a a few weeks I had to change it back to creepy robo voice.

control panel - text to speech settings - british american

How about a southern accent?

-Wil

snowman

Reaction score
it's just beta version right now , but they will make it cool in the future

OP
S

SpencerC

Reaction score

Guurzak

Reaction score
"Make that there turn a mile up"

Close, but more like "After the tree make that there turn down yonder"

Hang a left at the old Murphy place*, go 'long bout a half mile**, look fer the big oak tree***, be right there on yer right. Cain't miss it.****

*"The old Murphy place" hasn't been owned by a Murphy for 50 years, and has no identifying marks anyway

**more like two and a half miles

*** which looks just like all the other big oak trees in the county

**** if you hear the words "can't miss it" you may as well turn around and go home; you have no chance of reaching your destination successfully.

OP
S

SpencerC

Reaction score
"Make that there turn a mile up"

Close, but more like "After the tree make that there turn down yonder"

Hang a left at the old Murphy place*, go 'long bout a half mile**, look fer the big oak tree***, be right there on yer right. Cain't miss it.****

*"The old Murphy place" hasn't been owned by a Murphy for 50 years, and has no identifying marks anyway

**more like two and a half miles

*** which looks just like all the other big oak trees in the county

**** if you hear the words "can't miss it" you may as well turn around and go home; you have no chance of reaching your destination successfully.

Hahah that is great............I was about to elaborate on mine, but you summed it up well. I still haven't figured out how for away down yonder is though.