Google Maps - Reading Opposite Of My Traveling Route?

micp1480

Reaction score
Ok, well I noticed that when I click on google maps it's showing me on the right road, but going the opposite way. When I am in Navigation, everything is working perfectly. I am so confused. Anyone else experience this, or is it my phone.

MICP1480

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you verify that it's actually using GPS and not wireless networks or some other method of determining location?

capehorn3

Reaction score
Are you sure its tracking backwards. I am used to Garmins track up display and the North up display on Google maps has me disoriented also.

mad3963

Reaction score
Are you sure its tracking backwards. I am used to Garmins track up display and the North up display on Google maps has me disoriented also.

I've noticed the same thing from my Garmin to my Droid (Google Nav). Just a difference in how they orient.

brochaos

Reaction score
does this only happen when you are moving or when you are stopped? it happens when you are stopped because now gmaps only uses your compass for direction, and if you have your phone landscape, or your compass hasn't been calibrated, it can be all out of wack.

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
I am using Google maps, and I am moving in my car with my Droid in it's cradle. I don't have a compass that I am aware of.

MICP1480