Google Home - New Updates and Functionality

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Now that we have a dedictaed forum for the Google Home we should probably have a sub-thread for any news, new functionality, etc. Here is the latest new functionality added by Google last week.

Google Home can help you find your phone...

"...Home speakers can now actively ping your phone when you've misplaced it. For Android devices, the smart speaker will actually call your phone even if silenced. The feature works with iOS too, although it's more like a typical phone call. Calling out "ring my phone" or "where's my phone" will stir the Home Speaker into action. And if you have multiple phones to find, Home will call each device before cycling on to the next one..."

From Endgadget

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not really, the mini doesn't have to same room filling sound as the Home. The mini will be nice to supplement the Home but not as a stand alone device. The sale bk mentioned is a pretty good deal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Not really, the mini doesn't have to same room filling sound as the Home. The mini will be nice to supplement the Home but not as a stand alone device. The sale bk mentioned is a pretty good deal.

depends on your use. not everyone get it for sound. some get it to have something to command :) besides, you can pair them to bt speakers

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I have a google home just not that impressed with it yet. found I have to be closer to it when giving commands than with the echo. I mainly got it for phone calls and as a backup when amazon is having problems but now the echo can make regular phones calls gh is just sitting there.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
it still like to see what I am ordering. I have ordered using th amazon echo and you really have to watch what you say to make sure you get what you wanted.

on a side note, you can get 25 bucks off of any google home if you use walmart express on google home. this includes those devices that will be released next week.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... Always looking for something new for my gadget loving husband!

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw in my news feed this morning that Google is starting to roll out a new Home device update for Continued Conversations. This update will allow you to carry on a more natural conversation with your Home devices; ask a question > she answers > ask another question or give a command without needing to speak your launch phrase again. Pretty soon these things will be as smart as Hal 9000. Cool.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, cool new stuff coming our way. But....what do we do when she says "I'm afraid I can't do that Dave"?