Google Calendar sync question

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by inevittable, Aug 4, 2010.

1. inevittable

inevittable Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On my google calendar (the one I see on my computer), I have my personal calendar, as well as a few "other calendars". These include holidays, sports schedules, etc. I can see all of these calendars on my computer, but they don't seem to translate to my Droid.

On my Droid, I seem to only have the option to view my personal calendar and can only add US Holidays and Weather as additional calendars. Is there something I'm missing here, or do I not even have the option to add other calendars??

2. sharpz

sharpz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I could be wrong, but I have never seen the option to add multiple calendars through sync. For me it just does my default calendar. Are you using Outlook with Google Sync, or are you just using the web based calendar system by google?

3. inevittable

inevittable Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm currently using an Outlook Calendar (work) with google sync, as well as just using the web-based google calendar for personal stuff.

Seems odd to me that you wouldn't be able to translate the google web based calendar to the droid calendar app.

4. sharpz

sharpz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well whatever you put on the web based app shows up on your phone, through the sync. But if you create a new calendar on the web based one, i still believe it will only show the default calendar. Tell google to update! lol

5. inevittable

inevittable Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right. I'm not having issues seeing the events I add to my calendar. It's that I can't see any other calendars I've added to my account.

6. les017

les017 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have multiple calendars synce with the phone. On the web go to Google Calendar > Settings > Calendar Settings > Calendars....now look at each calendar and select "Show in List".

Also be sure that you did your verification code under "Mobile Set Up". That should do it.

7. inevittable

inevittable Member

Ratings:
    +0

Right ok I did all that. Does it matter that the calendars I want to show up on my Droid are the "Other Calendars" on the web-based google? The ones listed under "My Calendars" are showing up on my droid fine, but its the "Other Calendars" that I'd like to get on my phone.

8. les017

les017 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    doh!! misunderstood the question - sorry.

Back to Calendar Settings > Calendars....and then below My Calendars you should see Other Calendars. Either click Browse Interesting Calendars (to the right) and subscribe to what you want, and also ensure that each subscribed calendar you click "Show in List".

Kinda sounds like you did all that. So last thing I can think of is on the Droid to open Calendar > Menu > More > Calendars...and select what you want to show on your phone. These should show up almost instantly.

That's really it. If this doesn't work then I am out of ideas

9. inevittable

inevittable Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. les017

les017 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm sorry to hear. Wonder why mine works and yours doesn't?

11. Joker

Joker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are interested in sync your sports calendars there is a link in google help forums that recommended going to yahoo and having it sync to your google calender. Check out the first answer for instructions. As far as other calendars (depending on what they are) I don't have an answer for. But I do know the US holiday and Lunar calendar sync as I use those two on my Droid.

LINK: Sports Calendars don't show up in Google Sync - Calendar Help

12. Joker

Joker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another option for sports calendars is to go to MySportsCal.com and download the appropriate calendar for google calendars to sync.

Search tags for this page

add lunar calendar to google calendar

how often does android sync calendar
import ravens schedule to google calendar
jorte calendar instructions

jorte lunar calendar

sync weather on my google calendar to my phone
what can droid calendars do that web based calendars cant?
why cant a weather calendar and a google calendar be linked
why do other people's calendars show up on my mobile google
why doesn't google weather sync