Google Calendar sync question

inevittable

Reaction score
On my google calendar (the one I see on my computer), I have my personal calendar, as well as a few "other calendars". These include holidays, sports schedules, etc. I can see all of these calendars on my computer, but they don't seem to translate to my Droid.

On my Droid, I seem to only have the option to view my personal calendar and can only add US Holidays and Weather as additional calendars. Is there something I'm missing here, or do I not even have the option to add other calendars??

sharpz

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I have never seen the option to add multiple calendars through sync. For me it just does my default calendar. Are you using Outlook with Google Sync, or are you just using the web based calendar system by google?

OP
I

inevittable

Reaction score
Well I'm currently using an Outlook Calendar (work) with google sync, as well as just using the web-based google calendar for personal stuff.

Seems odd to me that you wouldn't be able to translate the google web based calendar to the droid calendar app.

sharpz

Reaction score
Well whatever you put on the web based app shows up on your phone, through the sync. But if you create a new calendar on the web based one, i still believe it will only show the default calendar. Tell google to update! lol

OP
I

inevittable

Reaction score
Right. I'm not having issues seeing the events I add to my calendar. It's that I can't see any other calendars I've added to my account.

les017

Reaction score
I have multiple calendars synce with the phone. On the web go to Google Calendar > Settings > Calendar Settings > Calendars....now look at each calendar and select "Show in List".

Also be sure that you did your verification code under "Mobile Set Up". That should do it.

OP
I

inevittable

Reaction score
I have multiple calendars synce with the phone. On the web go to Google Calendar > Settings > Calendar Settings > Calendars....now look at each calendar and select "Show in List".

Also be sure that you did your verification code under "Mobile Set Up". That should do it.

Right ok I did all that. Does it matter that the calendars I want to show up on my Droid are the "Other Calendars" on the web-based google? The ones listed under "My Calendars" are showing up on my droid fine, but its the "Other Calendars" that I'd like to get on my phone.

les017

Reaction score
Right ok I did all that. Does it matter that the calendars I want to show up on my Droid are the "Other Calendars" on the web-based google? The ones listed under "My Calendars" are showing up on my droid fine, but its the "Other Calendars" that I'd like to get on my phone.

doh!! misunderstood the question - sorry.

Back to Calendar Settings > Calendars....and then below My Calendars you should see Other Calendars. Either click Browse Interesting Calendars (to the right) and subscribe to what you want, and also ensure that each subscribed calendar you click "Show in List".

Kinda sounds like you did all that. So last thing I can think of is on the Droid to open Calendar > Menu > More > Calendars...and select what you want to show on your phone. These should show up almost instantly.

That's really it. If this doesn't work then I am out of ideas

les017

Reaction score
Hmm sorry to hear. Wonder why mine works and yours doesn't?

Joker

Reaction score
If you are interested in sync your sports calendars there is a link in google help forums that recommended going to yahoo and having it sync to your google calender. Check out the first answer for instructions. As far as other calendars (depending on what they are) I don't have an answer for. But I do know the US holiday and Lunar calendar sync as I use those two on my Droid.

LINK: Sports Calendars don't show up in Google Sync - Calendar Help

Joker

Reaction score
Another option for sports calendars is to go to MySportsCal.com and download the appropriate calendar for google calendars to sync.

gmack35

Reaction score
anybody having trouble in the past week or so with yahoo mlb calendars syncing to google? i had my local mlb teams schedule syncing fine all season, then in the past week it wont show any future games. It will put games on the calendar after the games are done. This applies to google calendar online and on my droid. also using pure grid calendar and android agenda widgets and it is the same on those too. Games dont show until after they are played. I am syncing fine with the nfl schedule i use.

mig991

Reaction score
I am using Jorte calendar and I got it to work by this little 'bypass' to the big bad google:

I'm sure if you subscribe to a sports calendar through google calendar it doesnt sync due sharing agreements.

Go to MarkThisDate.com and import your chosen calendar into google and it works. This is how I got the Pens and Caps and Colts and Ravens schedules to show up on my Jorte calendar. Oh and I uninstalled/reinstalled Jorte just to make sure I was good to go, but this step may not be necessary.