google account sync icon stuck in notification bar ....

zero7404

Reaction score
recently sbf'd and restored my apps/data with titanium ....
the google sync icon will not disappear from the notification bar, i've tried unchecking/rechecking the items that are set to sync for my google accounts, icon still present.

anyone know what might be the cause ?

Joyna

Reaction score
I wish I had an answer .... I have a related question I hope can be answered as a piggyback (& not a hijack)...
My synch icon is very busy as well, but the question of the hour is, Why is Google's SF Giants baseball schedule not synching... everything else on the desktop calendar is there. I just spent an hour on the phone with tech support at Verizon & Motorola. I suspect it's a google glitch, but they are unavailable. :icon_eek:

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
maybe try to unsubscribe from the calendar via gmail on a desktop, then re-add it.

i think my situation was something to do with titanium backing up some setting that when restored was causing the hickup.

posted via android

droid doctor

Reaction score
I had the same problem you have to do a factory reset delete everything and bring back only apps no data that stopped it.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
have you tried just a reboot that usually helps with things like this

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
have you tried just a reboot that usually helps with things like this

yes, no dice ....

there is something being backed up by titanium that is overwriting the system causing the issue .... not sure what it is.

as the previous guy said, i did a factory data reset, then recreated my accounts. it's a good thing i did an export of my contacts, because i don't use gmail for contact sync.

ruffiano

Reaction score
I was having the same issue. If I rebooted, it went away for about 30 seconds and then bam. back. It was annoying seeing it all day.

Here's how I got rid of it, if it's the same annoying sync icon using Root Explorer:

1. Browse to system/app
2. Mount as R/W
3. Scroll to "BlurContactsSync.apk" and rename it to BlurContactsSync.bak
(long-hold on the file to get the options to rename)
4. Mount R/O
5. Reboot if necessary

My sync icon went away within seconds of making that apk go away, no reboot needed. I did reboot shortly after to make sure nothing wacky was going to happen.

Good luck!