Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

SallyC

Reaction score
+1 its a good app... keeps me from having to talk to the in-laws rofl :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

Ha! :biggrin: My only regret is it's only on my Razr, not our land line which is where most unidentified calls come in. Seems kind of ironic, but talking is the thing I do least on my Razr!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
SallyC said:
Ha! :biggrin: My only regret is it's only on my Razr, not our land line which is where most unidentified calls come in. Seems kind of ironic, but talking is the thing I do least on my Razr!

Lol, yeah... me too. My manager, my wife, my Booker, my son, my parents...not in this order, but that's about the only people I talk to. It my devices are always going lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

sava700

Reaction score
I use Reverse Lookup Plus which is the $1.99 paid version of Reverse Lookup. Both will work fine - I just don't like ads. :)

The reviews don't look good at all with that....and I agree I'd love to have a great caller id app but I've heard ICS comes with it, I just want to know who is calling on the first or by no later than 2nd ring of the phone from any source even cellular!

SallyC

Reaction score
The reviews don't look good at all with that....and I agree I'd love to have a great caller id app but I've heard ICS comes with it, I just want to know who is calling on the first or by no later than 2nd ring of the phone from any source even cellular!

Average rating is 4 out of 5 and that's not good? If you look at the poor ratings you see comments like "Doesn't give results unless number already unknown! What's the point?" They apparently don't realize that if a wireless caller has not enabled Share Name ID (or whatever it's called by their carrier) no reverse lookup will be able to share that info with you.

And I've written this elsewhere, but just to repeat, enabling Share Name ID does not give permission to Verizon to share your number with telemarketers. Per Verizon:

The Share Name ID service allows your name to show a specific or customized name when calling another person. The directory the terms and conditions are referring to are databases that landline companies use to provide Caller ID service. Landlines and cell phones process Caller ID in different ways. When you call a cell phone, whatever that phone has your number saved is how it shows on the display. Landline phones do not typically have a locally stored address book, so they rely upon these databases to give a name to display. The directory that is being referenced are these databases, used solely for Caller ID. They are not publicly accessible and searchable like a White Pages.

Opting in to Share Name ID will not override the CPNI opt out, they are two separate entities, and Verizon Wireless will not give your information to telemarketers. The only thing that will change with using Share Name ID is that your name(or whatever you choose) will show up whenever you call somebody instead of a generic "Wireless Caller" statement. Your privacy is still very much respected, and no alterations will be made.

I think Reverse Lookup Plus is a very good app, and if you don't mind the ads you can get the free version.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

Yes ICS comes with a good caller ID app. It announces the incoming number and if the name is in your phone book it will announce the name.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!

That is why I have VOIP service with simultaneous ringing. I can look at my cell and see who is hiding. On a side note, I didn't know I could use the Razr for talking too... WOW new cool features I learn about all the time :) I rarely use mine as a phone either.

sava700

Reaction score
Average rating is 4 out of 5 and that's not good? If you look at the poor ratings you see comments like "Doesn't give results unless number already unknown! What's the point?" They apparently don't realize that if a wireless caller has not enabled Share Name ID (or whatever it's called by their carrier) no reverse lookup will be able to share that info with you.

And I've written this elsewhere, but just to repeat, enabling Share Name ID does not give permission to Verizon to share your number with telemarketers. Per Verizon:

The Share Name ID service allows your name to show a specific or customized name when calling another person. The directory the terms and conditions are referring to are databases that landline companies use to provide Caller ID service. Landlines and cell phones process Caller ID in different ways. When you call a cell phone, whatever that phone has your number saved is how it shows on the display. Landline phones do not typically have a locally stored address book, so they rely upon these databases to give a name to display. The directory that is being referenced are these databases, used solely for Caller ID. They are not publicly accessible and searchable like a White Pages.

Opting in to Share Name ID will not override the CPNI opt out, they are two separate entities, and Verizon Wireless will not give your information to telemarketers. The only thing that will change with using Share Name ID is that your name(or whatever you choose) will show up whenever you call somebody instead of a generic "Wireless Caller" statement. Your privacy is still very much respected, and no alterations will be made.

I think Reverse Lookup Plus is a very good app, and if you don't mind the ads you can get the free version.

I understand that.. I still believe caller id should work just like having a land line from any calling source. But I'll try this app and see how it works.

Natey2

Reaction score
... Verizon Wireless will not give your information to telemarketers.

But they will give it to their "Business Partners" :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Search the web for "City Caller ID".
You can still find it. It's free and works great. It's just not updated anymore.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
SnoDrtRider said:
Yes ICS comes with a good caller ID app. It announces the incoming number and if the name is in your phone book it will announce the name.

My X2 did that stock. Or, at least, it announced the name