Godmode Script

KpAtch3s

Reaction score
Since sapphire doesn't have a godmode script I decided to attempt creating one myself, but what I'm doing doesn't seem to work properly.

I know that chmod 777 [some directory] gives permissions, but my script gets permission denied.

In fact this pretty much Pete's script i got off BB. Anyway, I used adb to push it to /system/xbin and like I said earlier, permision denied. Any ideas?

#!/system/bin/sh
# godmode - Temporarily Allows Editing Of Any File

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
chmod 777 /system/build.prop
chmod 777 /system/app
chmod 777 /data
chmod 777 /data/app
chmod 777 /data/app-private
chmod 777 /data/dalvik-cache
chmod 777 /data/data

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Since sapphire doesn't have a godmode script I decided to attempt creating one myself, but what I'm doing doesn't seem to work properly.

I know that chmod 777 [some directory] gives permissions, but my script gets permission denied.

In fact this pretty much Pete's script i got off BB. Anyway, I used adb to push it to /system/xbin and like I said earlier, permision denied. Any ideas?

Possible problems:
1). You need to run the script as root, by typing su first
2). The script itself needs to be marked executable (chmod 755 or 777), you only need to do this once.

Code:
su
chmod 755 /system/bin/godmode
godmode

Last edited:

wingdo

Reaction score
how is this different from tying sysrw at a # prompt?

Se7enLC

Reaction score
how is this different from tying sysrw at a # prompt?

sysrw only remounts /system as read/write. This so-called "godmode" script changes permissions on a lot of the stuff in /data as well.