Gmail Update

Reaction score
It seems that after the new format for Gmail, my emails are not pushing to my inbox. I have to manually refresh. I restarted the phone and still does not push. I went into the gmail app itself and there is no setting for changing it from manual to automatic. Any one else having this issue?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Check to see if it's still set to notify of all new messages. If not sometimes when you have an unread message in your inbox it won't notify of the new ones if that doesn't do it go to settings in your app drawer check your Google account and make sure mail is still set to sync.... If all that is good clear cache and data for gmail in applications manager.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

OP
R
Reaction score
The issue is on the setting page, the sync gmail box is unclicked. When I check it, the check will not stay there. When I do a manual sync the emails pop right up. It says gync gmail unavailable because auto sync app data is off. Any idea how to make the check stay?

Sal R.

Reaction score
I had to clear data and uninstall gmail, then reinstall for the sync to properly work again.

GL.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Do you have an auto sync toggle in your drop down? Toggle that back on.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

OP
R
Reaction score
After all this did not realize some how, I shut off my quick sync setting. All up and running now. Thanks for all the help.