Gmail question

TheDJ

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Today my Gmail was hacked and sent out a spyware link to all my contacts. None of the PC's I use (home/work) had any virus/spyware and I have a very secure password.

The person who hacked my account did it from a mobile device as I could see in the logs.

Is there any way you guys know that the password could be retrieved from the Droid device? I am not sure how secure it is and if this has happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh man so sorry about that. I am curious to hear about this, so I am following this thread...

jbeach66

Reaction score
My gmail account was also stolen

I did regain control by getting them to reset my gmail account.
If you also regained your account, check to make sure they did not set up mail forwarding which was still set up even after I regained control of the account.

I am not sure how it happened as I am also very aware of spyware and viruses.
This happen after I went to Chicago for the weekend.

Did someone find a way to intercept the gmail login from the droid using bluetooth or some other means.

I used an ipad over the hotel wifi but that should also be secure log in.

Was it just me being lazy and reusing my gmail password on another site.

I sure would like to figure this out.

OP
T

TheDJ

Reaction score
I did regain control by getting them to reset my gmail account.
If you also regained your account, check to make sure they did not set up mail forwarding which was still set up even after I regained control of the account.

I am not sure how it happened as I am also very aware of spyware and viruses.
This happen after I went to Chicago for the weekend.

Did someone find a way to intercept the gmail login from the droid using bluetooth or some other means.

I used an ipad over the hotel wifi but that should also be secure log in.

Was it just me being lazy and reusing my gmail password on another site.

I sure would like to figure this out.

Yeah I regained control, and got everything back up and running. I am not sure how it happened, but this is being looked at by Google, and not sure as to what is causing this, but waiting on an answer.

I don't think it's anything you did, but if somehow they found a way to get in through the mobile device is the only way I can think of.