gmail calendar issue with 2nd gmail account

segen77

Reaction score
I have two gmail accounts, personal and work. I originally setup the phone with the personal, but have since added work. The e-mail part is fine, but the calendar option is only for the original account used. I'd like to switch the two calendars that are synced, but I can't figure out how to do this. I thought about removing the original and adding it back as the second account, but a warning message pops up saying that I will have to reset the phone to factory default.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Thanks

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Factory Data Reset is the only way to actually get the calendar and email switched. The issue (switching accounts) is supposed to be addressed in 2.1 or later updates but until then....

One thing you can do is link/share the two calendars then it won't matter which calendar the phone is using because events will show up on both.

Mateles

Reaction score
Are there any roms out there or any other way to get the calendar to work with a 2nd Google account? I just rooted and installed BB 0.7.5 and noticed that this is still busted. I'm using a plug-in for locale (rtime-rec) that I want to sync directly to a 2nd account calendar.

Leonard Wong

Reaction score
I was able to separate the two calendars by setting up my work google app account as an exchange server.

Then just turn off contacts and email sync so that you don't have to bother with the duplicate emails and contact synchronization.

The calendar will show up under the app "Corporate Calendar"

Leonard Wong

Reaction score
Option 2 is "Share" your work calendar with your personal gmail account. Once you have that setup, if you can see your work calendar in your gmail account online, you can see it in the calendar app on the phone.