Global Capabilities

consultant1

Reaction score
I was reading that one of the recent Verizon lte phones (I think the rezound) was said to have global capabilities (GSM) but turned off because Verizon was working on some problems with it playing nice with late. Does anyone know if the galaxy nexus also has the same capabilities and can be turned on once they got the issues resolved?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was reading that one of the recent Verizon lte phones (I think the rezound) was said to have global capabilities (GSM) but turned off because Verizon was working on some problems with it playing nice with late. Does anyone know if the galaxy nexus also has the same capabilities and can be turned on once they got the issues resolved?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Negative. Verizon Nexus has no GMS or global capabilities.

ballzdeap

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I'm traveling to Italy in about a month or so, and it was my understanding that the Maxx HD has global capabilities, however it would be pretty expensive to use my Verizon sim card. That said, am I able to simply buy a prepaid card and use that for the duration of my trip? I think I've read something on this before, but I can't remember which carrier or phone, or if any of that even makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

ryan0720

Reaction score
That is totally false...i got a net 10 prepaid sim and would not work in my razor m or razor maxx..on the phone with tech support for an hour and it wasnt possible

KaChow

Reaction score
If you go into Settings> More...> Mobile networks> Global data roaming access> To sign up for a global data plan.... number displayed on screen shot below. I nearly added Global access to my device about a month ago, didn't follow through with it, so I can't make any suggestions or recommendations other than check with these guys first, before exploring alternative routes.

View attachment 60465

carpenter

Reaction score
That is totally false...i got a net 10 prepaid sim and would not work in my razor m or razor maxx..on the phone with tech support for an hour and it wasnt possible
Razr maxx locked on US towers. Will work only outside Us with any carrier.

KaChow

Reaction score
This is not completely true.
Is possible only with rooted razr maxx hd? Or unrooted device will do it too?

Most of the changes that are needed to take place require either SuperUser or SuperSU or both, as they control and grant root access to the apps that allow changes to the settings. However, if the "Golden Ticket"- AKEY is discovered (does not presently exist- so to speak on the XT926), then rooted or not rooted the phone can be opened from the dialer ##PROGRAM. I must warn changing settings in Program Menu, are not restored with a Factory Reset.