Gingerbread?

Psyman

Reaction score
Since a leaked has popped out.. just wondering if the OTA update is far behind? I returned mine back to stock just in case all the talk is true about busting phones that are rooted. I do miss all the roms

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What talk about busting rooted phones? And how would they find out. We seem to stay one step ahead of them.

About the update, it shouldn't be to far away.

timelord

Reaction score
Since a leaked has popped out.. just wondering if the OTA update is far behind? I returned mine back to stock just in case all the talk is true about busting phones that are rooted. I do miss all the roms

Verizon isn't busting rooted phones.

Simpdom

Reaction score
Im waiting for the morning when I wake up and see my ota update in the notification bar or something.

turdbogls

Reaction score
P3 said something like 6 weeks i think. GB is pretty solid as is, so just a couple minor tweaks shouldn't take too long.

and as long as you are not illegally tethering, you should be fine. there is no way verizon is going to tell me what i can and cannot do with MY phone. they can tell me what i can and cannot do with their network (AKA illegally tethering, or unthrottling data) but as far as rooting/romming, theming, and stuff like that, they cant do JACK!!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree.....All VZW SHOULD be able to say is "well....it's your warranty" but outside of that providing we aren't abusing their network we SHOULD be good.

timelord

Reaction score
They can't do anything to you for rooting, period. End of conversation. Even if they ended your service, they would be the ones breaking the contract and you would become a free agent. dancedroid

DrifterX

Reaction score
Stupid question alert!.... I started my contract with Verizon on a D1. But has passed that on to my wife, and got myself a used DX thru ebay. If this Gb update occurs, will it apply to me as well? Just wondering in case, I need to go back stock. I know, it's a dumb question...but I just wanted to know where I should stand.

deborah3756

Reaction score
Well, we've been supposedly getting the update for a couple of weeks now. Next year maybe :-/

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums