Gingerbread Rooted Wifi prob.

chadl12

Reaction score
Everytime i try and put the new gingerbread rom on my phone everything works except when i connect to my home wifi i am unable to get online 3g works just fine even tried taking the security off my router any ideas of a fix thanks

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I am having the same issues and it has been that way since I loaded the GB update. I am thinking of sbf back to 2.2 rooting it and then loading the deox rooted update. The way I I loaded GB before was the unrooted version and my wifi stopped working from then.

wabmorgan

Reaction score
Wifi working here. And deodex over the preroot.

3g hotspot app doesn't work.(but it isn't hacked either.)

On the other hand, wireless tether app works fine!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
C

chadl12

Reaction score
finally got it working i had to switch my security encryption on my router to WEP not sure why but it did the trick

Kizzy0027

Reaction score
Fix

I was having the same problem after I went to GB. I solved my problem much like you did. My wifi encryption was set to WEP so I changed it to WPA and was able to connect my Droid. Not wanting to go around and change all the other devices in my home to WPA however, I changed my encryption BACK to WEP to see if my Droid would now connect, and sure enough it did. So a quick flip flop of Wifi encryption did the trick, and I didn't have to change over all my other devices. I hope this helps somebody else.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I was having the same problem after I went to GB. I solved my problem much like you did. My wifi encryption was set to WEP so I changed it to WPA and was able to connect my Droid. Not wanting to go around and change all the other devices in my home to WPA however, I changed my encryption BACK to WEP to see if my Droid would now connect, and sure enough it did. So a quick flip flop of Wifi encryption did the trick, and I didn't have to change over all my other devices. I hope this helps somebody else.

I have a dumb question, how can I switch my wifi encryption from WEP to WPA. I would like to try this when I get home. I'm hoping for the same success.

Kizzy0027

Reaction score
There's different ways, and it does somewhat depend on your router, but the following should get you far enough at least to figure it out: (these instructions are for Windows btw)

First open a Command Prompt (Start menu, quick search for Command Prompt). In the command prompt type in "ipconfig" without the parantheses. In the results that appear afterwards find your Default Gateway. Type in your default gateway # (which a lot of the time starts with 192) into the URL bar of whatever browser you use and hit enter. You should now be on a page that allows you to change various settings of your network, including your security encryption. Just look around until you find it, and it'll probably ask you for your password. This page will be different for everyone depending on your router so I can't help much further, but I hope this gets you far enough to make the changes.

jstme

Reaction score
There's different ways, and it does somewhat depend on your router, but the following should get you far enough at least to figure it out: (these instructions are for Windows btw)

First open a Command Prompt (Start menu, quick search for Command Prompt). In the command prompt type in "ipconfig" without the parantheses. In the results that appear afterwards find your Default Gateway. Type in your default gateway # (which a lot of the time starts with 192) into the URL bar of whatever browser you use and hit enter. You should now be on a page that allows you to change various settings of your network, including your security encryption. Just look around until you find it, and it'll probably ask you for your password. This page will be different for everyone depending on your router so I can't help much further, but I hope this gets you far enough to make the changes.

Great stuff: AND, if you don't know your gateway #, google _____ router gateway number. If I remember right, most are 192.168.0.1, or 0.2