Getting the Motorola Driod

MDriod

Reaction score
First off i wanna say im new here just joined your forums but have been lurking around the past couple weeks. I think i have finally decided on the phone i want :motdroidvert: but do have a couple questions and hope you guys can help.

To the ones that own this phone now, how is it? As far as durability,responsiveness from the touch screen and battery life. I guess my most important question is am i looking at the right phone or should i be looking at the incredible?

Any opinions will help thanks!!

warrior21

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Personally I love the droid and have no interest in the incredible but that is because I like having a physical keyboard. If a keyboard is not something you need maybe the incredible is something you should look into. Either way you will have a great phone

Jcook54

Reaction score
I've got the Droid and seriously considered taking it back (within my 30 days) and getting the Incredible. However, I decided against it because I'm really liking the Droid. I've always had a physical keyboard and find myself using it at least twice a day. The phone itself is fast and easy to use. The first couple of days were trouble because the battery died really fast but it seems to have resolved itself and it's fine now. The Incredible is lighter and faster but the Droid is great for me. I went to Verizon to check out the Incredible and it is sweet but I'm content with my Droid for now. Shoot, I just got it set up how I want it. If you get the Droid you won't have buyers remorse and if you do you can always trade it back for the Incredible.

OP
MDriod

MDriod

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Personally I love the droid and have no interest in the incredible but that is because I like having a physical keyboard. If a keyboard is not something you need maybe the incredible is something you should look into. Either way you will have a great phone

I've got the Droid and seriously considered taking it back (within my 30 days) and getting the Incredible. However, I decided against it because I'm really liking the Droid. I've always had a physical keyboard and find myself using it at least twice a day. The phone itself is fast and easy to use. The first couple of days were trouble because the battery died really fast but it seems to have resolved itself and it's fine now. The Incredible is lighter and faster but the Droid is great for me. I went to Verizon to check out the Incredible and it is sweet but I'm content with my Droid for now. Shoot, I just got it set up how I want it. If you get the Droid you won't have buyers remorse and if you do you can always trade it back for the Incredible.
Same here ive always had a physical keyboard ( i currently have a LG Voyager) and i think thats why im going more for the driod but just wanted to get some inputs. Im hoping that i get it within the next week or so, Thats really the only bad thing i guess i have heard from some people is battery life i text and am constantly on my phone so i hope this wont be an issue for me.

warrior21

Reaction score
The battery life really isn't as bad as it's always made out to be. I throw it on the charger every night and it always has at least 30 to 40% left on it with moderate to heavy use during the day. At first I thought it was real bad until I figured out the key is to leave it on the charger all night instead of just giving it a couple hour charge and pulling it off because it says 100% I ended up having to charge it multiple times during the day when I did that.

OP
MDriod

MDriod

Reaction score
The battery life really isn't as bad as it's always made out to be. I throw it on the charger every night and it always has at least 30 to 40% left on it with moderate to heavy use during the day. At first I thought it was real bad until I figured out the key is to leave it on the charger all night instead of just giving it a couple hour charge and pulling it off because it says 100% I ended up having to charge it multiple times during the day when I did that.
Which sounds cool i mean i charge my phone every night anyway its very rare i dont, now for the key board ive heard mixed on it also but i figured ive had a couple voyagers, a dare,alias 2 envy touch i figured i should be able to use it no problem also i mean the phone has been out for a little while most bugs should be somewhat taken care of but what are some to except as of now if there are any?

Sorry for being such a pain and asking all these questions

warrior21

Reaction score
Feel free to ask away. I won't lie the keyboard is inferior to most of the other phones out there. The design isn't the best and the keys are fairly flat. I have gotten used to it and like it now but it did take some time and a bit of cursing. The phone definitely comes with a learning curve and can be frustrating at times but if you spend some time on here and have some patience you will love it. This is my first smart phone and in the couple of months I have had it I went from knowing nothing to rooting and flashing ROMS. Without this forum I would still be lost

OP
MDriod

MDriod

Reaction score
Feel free to ask away. I won't lie the keyboard is inferior to most of the other phones out there. The design isn't the best and the keys are fairly flat. I have gotten used to it and like it now but it did take some time and a bit of cursing. The phone definitely comes with a learning curve and can be frustrating at times but if you spend some time on here and have some patience you will love it. This is my first smart phone and in the couple of months I have had it I went from knowing nothing to rooting and flashing ROMS. Without this forum I would still be lost
just like any other phone right lol yea im sure it can be a pain which im ready for i havent had a smart phone or blackberry for a couple years now but am ready to get back into the scene especially now with the driod,Now the whole Rooting is it similar to a jailbreak or something completely different only reason i ask is because i love taking my phones to there full potential and is there a way to get free apps like a jailbreak?

warrior21

Reaction score
Yes it's basically gaining full administator access to the phone and the OS. When you are ready for that just visit the hack section where there is plenty of info on how to root and everything that goes along with it. If you want to get everything out of your droid and push it's limits this is the forum from you

OP
MDriod

MDriod

Reaction score
Cool well thanks for the help and i will definitely be posting back here once i get my hands on the driod :woot:

OP
MDriod

MDriod

Reaction score
Ok so yesterday i finally pulled the trigger and bought the dancedroid im currently waiting for UPS to deliver and should be here before 10:30am my time. Im very excited and cant wait and got a very good deal with Verizon, it pays to be a long time customer with them :) . Any how instead of re posting i figured i would add onto here