Getting movies on my Droid

cisco0910

Reaction score
Can't wait for Avatar to be released in a few weeks so i can rip it to my Droid!
oh wow, didnt realize it was that close to dvd. sweet!

i wonder if the 3d version would work for droid =D
yea, they announced dvd released in April sometime. I'd have to look up the exact date. That's for bluray and regular. 3d won't be released till next year i remember reading on same article...

James Cameron has just now told MTV that Avatar will be hitting DVD on April 22nd which is Earth Day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have 2 mp4 videos that play just fine, i have a few .avi's that only play if i tell astro to open them as video..but they both still work perfectly.

Wait, you said you can run avi through astro, and it works?

yep, apparently. they dont show up as files that can open, but if i long press them in astro and open as video they play just fine.

koralyne

Reaction score
James Cameron has just now told MTV that Avatar will be hitting DVD on April 22nd which is Earth Day.
OLOL

i have 2 mp4 videos that play just fine, i have a few .avi's that only play if i tell astro to open them as video..but they both still work perfectly.

Wait, you said you can run avi through astro, and it works?

yep, apparently. they dont show up as files that can open, but if i long press them in astro and open as video they play just fine.

hmm, if this works, then... then it will save me a lot of time converting! (and having to have ONE MORE program installed...)

OP
I

Iowaberg

Reaction score
So, I've have been able to successfully convert my movie to an .mp4 file and it still won't play. I transfer it simply by dragging and dropping. When I try to access it using the "Gallery" it says "no media found" Accessing it through ASTRO, gives me the message "Cannot play video. Sorry this video cannot be played." What am I missing?

jbrock98

Reaction score
where's a place to download movies on your computer and transfer them? i have the moto droid, i'm thinkin about gettin limewire pro, is that the best place? i'm a newb so only place i know where to get movies is the video store lol, but any suggestions? anywhere to get movies for free that doesnt require a lot extra downloading b4 actually being able to just get the movie on your computer?

MyDroid23

Reaction score
where's a place to download movies on your computer and transfer them? i have the moto droid, i'm thinkin about gettin limewire pro, is that the best place? i'm a newb so only place i know where to get movies is the video store lol, but any suggestions? anywhere to get movies for free that doesnt require a lot extra downloading b4 actually being able to just get the movie on your computer?

Torrents man Torrents! Google how to dl and play torrents.