Getting a text message and no voicemail notification on new Pro

crewkip

Reaction score
Phone: Droid Pro. Bone stock
Do NOT have visual voicemail setup.
Handcent, a few games, and that's about the only programs I have on here.

Every time I get a voicemail I get a text from 900080002021 and no VM notification in the drop down notification screen. The text is just a bunch of meaningless (at least to me) numbers and letter. What gives? How do I solve this?

slopes

Reaction score
Solution - No Voicemail notification AND getting cryptic Text messages

I've had my Droid Razr for about a month - and every time I get a voicemail message, it sends me a strange text message (and it gives no voicemail notification). The message is from 9000800... and contains text like BREW with numeric strings then VZN, etc.

The SOLUTION for me was that my Voicemail wasn't setup on my phone. I called tech support, and they told me (in the nicest possible way) that I needed to open the voicemail icon/app - and click on "Visual Voicemail $2.99/mo". Well that did it - it asked me to do a couple of Acceptances - and voila! (fyi - I was already signed up for the 2.99/mo)

Hope that helps!

Phone: Droid Pro. Bone stock
Do NOT have visual voicemail setup.
Handcent, a few games, and that's about the only programs I have on here.

Every time I get a voicemail I get a text from 900080002021 and no VM notification in the drop down notification screen. The text is just a bunch of meaningless (at least to me) numbers and letter. What gives? How do I solve this?