Gameloft's First Unreal Engine Title for Android & iOS: 'March of Heroes'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;L5Chg1r5vUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Chg1r5vUU&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - ‪March of Heroes - iPhone/iPad/Android - Debut Trailer‬‏[/video]

Although there have been a few Unreal Engine based games to go to the iOS platform, the first title using that game engine to also come to Android will be Gameloft's first-person-shooter, 'March of Heroes'. The graphics on this game are drool-worthy, and really show off how far smartphone technology has come in a short period of time.

You can check out the impressive trailer above. This game looks almost as good as some of the first generation games that came out on the XBOX360 and the PS3! Unfortunately, there is no word on a release date or pricing, but we will let you guys know as soon as we get more info.

Source: Android.net via PhoneArena

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I enjoy playing games on my phone. Angry Birds and Plants vs Zombies are amazingly fun. But games like that are just so out of place on a phone. They kill the battery in no time and the controls are so limited. Though its cool to see stuff like that is possible on a phone, I find no interest in me to go out and get it.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'd have to agree that while some of these games look awesome (for mobile games) and the fact that mobile technology has come that far, they are somewhat impractical. I'm willing to bet that a mouse is almost always involved with the video demos. I don't know about you guys but I think it's hard as hell to move, aim, and shoot in these games, iPad, Android phone or otherwise. At the same time, having to use keyboard and mouse accessories is both economically inconvenient but also removes some of the mobility as you must now have a flat surface of sorts.

I think they should focus more on games whose mechanics are a little more simplified like racing games, fighting games, etc...something that doesn't involve a lot of simultaneous actions or button combinations (turn left, turn right, punch, kick) and make it look pretty.