Gallery lost

Claudzion

Reaction score
Hi,
Looks like all my pictures are gone. Is there a way to get them back? Even if deleted? Is there like restore feature?
Appreciate any help.
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
Claudzion

Claudzion

Reaction score
How do I know if they're on the cloud?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You would have had to use Picasa or DropBox or some other app that would have automatically uploaded them. With DropBox they would still be there but with something like Picasa they would come back. So I don't have a good answer for you as there are many apps that could have sent them to the cloud. If you don't know then you probably didn't do it.

OP
Claudzion

Claudzion

Reaction score
:( you're right. Thanks for the reply though.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've said this in many other threads, but my personal preference for backing up my photos goes like this...

I have Google Photos (formerly part of Google+) and Microsoft One Drive both set to upload my photos while charging and connected to wifi. I'm constantly on wifi at home and charge my phone every night, so my pics upload to 2 different cloud services while I sleep.

I also upload the ones that I REALLY want to keep to Facebook, so the best pics are backed up to 3 different places.

Again, just my personal setup, but I don't have to worry about problems like this. If my pics disappeared from my phone for some reason, they should be in at least one of those locations. I like Google's better, because I'm able to select which folders on my phone I want to upload from. That way, I don't get pics I downloaded and screenshots that I don't really need backed up.

I think Dropbox might offer the same ability, but I can't recall.

Either way, with all of the free storage and automatic backup options available, I just keep spreading the advice here, hoping more people will catch on to the benefits.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have experimented with so many backup apps I can't remember half of them. One stands out because it has backed up more of what's on my tablet and my phones than anything else, (not using root). iDrive. I signed up for a one year plan for $4.95 that allow me to back up all my Android devices. Unlimited storage. I just switched from a LG Optimus G Pro to an LG4 and used the iDrive backup from the old phone to restore to the new one. Worked great. There's also a nice progress screen that lets you know how many of what is being backed up.

If I remember, there is a free version but I don't know what the limitations are. My files can also be accessed through any browser too.