1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gallery is horrible at refreshing/adding images

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tu3218, Nov 10, 2010.

1. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

So I dropped a folder of icons on the root of my sd card, an its been like 10 min of continuous "loading" but they never show up. Any suggestions on getting pictures and images to show up faster?
  2. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

Have you tried the SDrescan app?
  3. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

No, I'll have to try that out. Hopefully that helps.
  4. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

Yeah, I downloaded images to set as my wallpaper.... And even killing the gallery, and clearing data - the damn images wouldn't show. I had to RESTART every time to see the images in my gallery. Meanwhile my iphone co-worker is laughing away having no problems doing the same.
  5. brochaos

brochaos New Member

that is one area where the i*hone is better. i really don't get why we need a 3d gallery? just keep it as simple as possible and make it load faster. but according to koush yesterday, ios uses hardware acceleration for drawing that stuff and android does it all in software.