Galaxy S4 display quit working

JDecker91

Reaction score
Last night I plugged my S4 in and set my alarms like I always do. After my alarms had went off and I hit snooze a few times I got up and saw that the display was not working. The touch screen works fine, and I can even unlock the phone with the display not working. I have pulled the battery numerous times and the display still doesn't work. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Reaction score
ive only had mine for a few days and it hasn't happened. Maybe you burnt out the screen?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 while in the bathroom, in a meeting, or in a waiting room

OP
JDecker91

JDecker91

Reaction score
The display won't even work for me to try to factory reset. How would it have burnt out the screen when it was plugged in just like every other night?

p1ngputts

Reaction score
You can't do this?

1. With the device powered off, press and hold both Volume buttons, then press and hold Power.

2. Hold all three buttons until you see the screen come on.

3. From the recovery screen, use the Volume Down button to toggle the selection to wipe data / factory reset.

4. Press the Home button to select the highlighted option.

OP
JDecker91

JDecker91

Reaction score
You can't do this?

1. With the device powered off, press and hold both Volume buttons, then press and hold Power.

2. Hold all three buttons until you see the screen come on.

3. From the recovery screen, use the Volume Down button to toggle the selection to wipe data / factory reset.

4. Press the Home button to select the highlighted option.

I tried that. My display just lights up this nasty yellow/green color.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Looks like you need a new S4 friend. I'm getting nervous about buying one now. I've seen a lot of posts about people having issues. :(

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk

OP
JDecker91

JDecker91

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think so also. I will have to go to Verizon after work and see if I can get a non refurbed replacement.

jseah

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think so also. I will have to go to Verizon after work and see if I can get a non refurbed replacement.

Are you within your 14 days? If so, they have to replace it with a new one. After 14 days, they can replace with a refurb, although they probably don't have any refurbs as yet, so you would probably get sent a new one anyways.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That stinks. Hopefully you get a new one quickly, good luck!

OP
JDecker91

JDecker91

Reaction score
Well, looks like 14 days is the limit. Verizon is sending me a "certified like new" device overnight. I'm on the phone with Samsung right now to complain and see if I can talk them into a free Otterbox.

OP
JDecker91

JDecker91

Reaction score
Got my certified like new device yesterday. Was only able to talk VZW down to a $15 Defender Series Otterbox.

gs4

Reaction score
GS4 problems

Are you within your 14 days? If so, they have to replace it with a new one. After 14 days, they can replace with a refurb, although they probably don't have any refurbs as yet, so you would probably get sent a new one anyways.

does t-mobile have this to?
and mine doesnt stay on for more than a second, it just goes black

Last edited: