Galaxy Note 3 Micro USB 3 port

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's a standard Micro USB 3.0 nothing new. But it's basically a micro USB 2.0 plus a small Addition for the additional connectors.

It's a bit goofy looking, I have a 3.0 external hard drive, but it works.

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

mrmark27

Reaction score
will USB 2.0 cables work with the Note 3 or will I haveto get all new cables?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Although this new cable is coming with the Gnote3 the old cables will work to charge it. Just not as fast as the new one.

Fuzzball

Reaction score
Hopefully the existing OTG and MHL cables still work. It'll be annoying if they changed the pins around.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Coming from GSMarena

The Galaxy Note 3 is the first mobile device to feature USB 3.0 using the micro version of the port. The connection consists of two parts
- one that is backwards compatible with microUSB 2.0 and one that adds additional pins for faster data transfers.

jseah

Reaction score
So does it also charge faster with a wall charger?

Isn't the Note 3 supposed to come with the Snapdragon 800 processor? Qualcomm had announced earlier this year that the Snapdragon 800 would work with Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0, which would allow a home charger to run at 60 watts and can charge the phone 75 percent faster.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Anybody know if the dock for the note 2 will work with the note 3?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anybody know if the dock for the note 2 will work with the note 3?

It should. The Micro USB 3.0 port is just a Micro USB port with a small add on.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
That I do not know. Isn't this one of the first phones to feature the usb 3.0 micro?

Yes it does charge faster. The supplied wall charger is a 2A charger. I havent done a full charge yet. Ill be able to report how long it takes to charge from 0 to 100% tomorrow.

spy2jgc

Reaction score
Yes it does charge faster. The supplied wall charger is a 2A charger. I havent done a full charge yet. Ill be able to report how long it takes to charge from 0 to 100% tomorrow.

No, it does not charge faster from a wall compared to the Note 2. To charge faster the device would need more amps. The wall charger puts out 2 amps... the same amount as the Note 2's wall charger. It charges no faster than the Note 2, and this is first hand.

Fuzzball

Reaction score
It should. The Micro USB 3.0 port is just a Micro USB port with a small add on.

I have one on the way. Hopefully Sammy doesn't come out with an updated version that overshadows the current one.

BTW, VZW has it for ~$75; with corporate discount, that got knocked down to $55. Samsung may honor a 50% off coupon. Sometime in Jan they had a sale or coupon that brought it down to a more reasonable $20.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
No, it does not charge faster from a wall compared to the Note 2. To charge faster the device would need more amps. The wall charger puts out 2 amps... the same amount as the Note 2's wall charger. It charges no faster than the Note 2, and this is first hand.

Well it charges 0-100% in 2 hours 18 mins. If thats no faster then its not. Most other phones charge at 1A, So to me this charges faster.

I have the note 3 as well...

Last edited: